Have you used a weight loss pill?

I had my 3rd child in March and have been trying to lose the baby weight for the last few months. I started working out 2 months ago, I go to the gym 3 times a week (free weights) and do crunches at home on my off days. I don't have more time to devote to exercise and I really want to lose more weight before swimsuit season approaches. I've lost 5 pounds and would like to take off an additional 15-20.

I'm wondering if you can suggest a "diet" pill? I know its considered cheating and you know what? I don't care...I want to lose weight and look sexy again. Has anyone tried alli? Has anyone gone to a rapid weight loss clinic? Suggestions?

sararsara

Asked by sararsara at 6:41 PM on Nov. 28, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Also, I did the fat flush diet, (before the baby) and swear by it. Its a lot like the ingredients in the 72 hour slimming pill, except if you read the book, it tells you WHY these things work.

the slimming pills ingredients

Dandelion root - Cleanses your liver, a fat burning powerhouse
    Uva ursi - ? Its in all the diet supplements though
    Buchu - helps rid the body of water
    Juniper berry - helps rid the body of water
    Cornsilk - helps rid the body of water
    Couch grass - ?
    Parsley - helps rid the body of water
    Stinging nettle - blood purifier
    Cranberry - helps rid the body of water
    Cayenne - helps your metabolism
    Ginger - helps your metabolism
    Milk Thistle - cleanses your liver

Other good supplements for weight loss

Green tea - kills your appetite
    Yerba Mate - great energizer, helps your metabolism

Vitamin B6
    Magnesium
    Potassium
    sediqua

Answer by sediqua at 7:14 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• i used hydroxycut but it caused alot of heart problems with me
    Anonymous

• When I was in college I took diet pills and it was terrible. I was jittery and dizzy all the time...I could not function. Last year I started taking a MultiVitamin with a Slimming formula in it and I never had any problems. It worked and I love it. Now that I've lost all of the weight I'm taking the same brand MultiVitamin but with a Toning Formula in it instead. Send me a message if you'd like information on which brand I'm using.
    ammil87

Answer by ammil87 at 9:06 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• I should add that the Slimming Formula worked WITH good diet and exercise. It's not a miracle pill!
    ammil87

Answer by ammil87 at 9:07 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• I used Ali and it was great. It is the only FDA approved weight loss pill. It was previously sold by prescription only. When used correctly it is safe. I lost 40 pounds.
    wildboyz1994

Answer by wildboyz1994 at 9:37 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Are you doing any cardio? that will help also, walk, run, swim, jog, aerobics for 30 minutes 3x a week really helps and keep up that weight lifting...it helps burn more fat...im taking b-12 vitamins ( you can find them at wal-mart, walgreens, health food stores) and also a multivitamin, they help with my metabolism and give me energy and dont give me the jitters...i have taken slimquick in the past, and it gave me jitters and made me super sleepy later on....
    ShortMommytobe

Answer by ShortMommytobe at 9:42 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Have you tried Curves? You only have to go 3x a week, more if you'd like, but it's only 30 minutes! 40 minutes including the stretching and a little more if you decided to do more on the stations. It's a great workout! Doing that, plus cutting down on calories, you'll lose weight the healthy way and keep it off!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:02 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• When I was dieting, I tried several kinds of diet pills. However I did not like the way any of them made me feel. I started taking apple cider vinegar supplements. And the weight came off! They have natural things that speed up your metabolism. SOme of my friends drink the stuff straight, and are also losing, but there is no way I could drink the stuff. They seemed to do the trick for me without any side effects.
    mkrmomma1

Answer by mkrmomma1 at 10:07 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Pills do not work long term. It is better to cut back on some of the carbs and keep working out. You will lose the weight!
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:31 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Yes I have and they have worked wonders for me! I went to the dr and they prescribed phentermine for me!I'm extremly over weight tho:( and when you get the rx walgreens has it for around $35 for 30days!you have to have a good diet and excersize also to continue keeping it off after the pills! Gives me tons of energy and fast loss! Good luck;)
    rehoneybee

Answer by rehoneybee at 10:57 AM on Nov. 29, 2009