How to say no if your MIL wants your WIC stuff for her daycare?

Say you're very, Very Poor. Neither you or your spouse is employed. You can't make the bills, house payments, car payments Etc.. You ask for like potatoes. Your mom says no. But to another sibling she gives her 3- 5 gal.# pails full of potatoes! You do everything for your parents. You have 3 children.They barely acknowledge or even buy for. But since you have problems affording gas. Your MIL will take you shopping expecting all your WIC milk & eggs for her day care she runs! How can you say no. When she won't help you with anything! Even if you do favors for them and chores fior them,. They won't even let you stay for supper? Mainly they are takers that are in a higher income bracket. For your last baby born not as much as a congrat's card. But will demand a 25th Wedding anniversary party even when you have no money or jobs. But to be a good kid you can't say no to your parents. When you feel obligated but no Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:48 PM on Nov. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I would just say no; It's not like she's doing much now so what can she do that would be so horrible. That is for your babies and your health not her daycare!
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 6:53 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• You just say "NO... I have to have it for MY family not your daycare to feed other peoples children," and then be done with it. It's your WIC and she should realize taking it is taking food from her grandkids. Shame on her! If they are that bad and always the takers, then stay away from them and go it on your own as best you can. They can demand all they want, but never GET anything from you that you don't freely give. Oh, they can ask, beg, b!tch about it, but you never have to give them anything. Stand up for you and your family!
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 6:57 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• It's ILLEGAL, and you can and will lose your wic for your baby, you don't want that for your child do you? And it's very rude and selfish of your MIL to ask, and to take from her owngrand child, what's wrong with this woman!?!?!?!?!?!? She would take from her own to give to someone else when the other parents are to be providing for their kids anyway!?!?!?!?
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 6:57 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• I would say, "you want your grandchild to go hungry because you're too cheap to buy stuff for your daycare?"

Okay, maybe that's harsh, but seriously, most people get WIC for a reason.
    Anonymous

• sounds like people I wouldn't want in my life or my childrens lives. I would cut them out of my life
    Anonymous

• One or both of you do need to get a job, you can still get wic, it's not like it's jsut for the really bad off, my hubby had a job and we still had it....do your family a favor tell your hubby to get a job, and to tell his mom to be for real!
    Anonymous

• It's illegal to give your WIC to anyone else. Plain and simple. I believe it falls under the "fraud" catergory.
    IrishMommaC

Answer by IrishMommaC at 7:23 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• Tell your MIL exactly what you have told us. Tell her things from your perspective. I know it is hard, but if you don't stand up for ypu and your family, then no one will. It is also teaching your chidlren how to stand up for what is important. Also, your MIL is selfish and I can not believe that your DH has not said anything about this to her. She needs to know that this is for you guys to survive for a little while longer while one of you looks for a job. I know it is not that easy, but as long as you're trying to change your lives. As far as their anniversary goes, tell them it is hard to consider others when you are being forgotten about, and let them know when they can appreciate and respect you, then they will get it back. Besides, they should have another anniversary next year. Good luck with everything.
    krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 7:27 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• I work for WIC and it is not illegal to give the food to others, it is illegal to sell it. My office actually encourages me to give what we do not use to other families in need so that it does not go to waste.
    OP I would just nicely explain that your family really needs it, but if you ever come into times where you have any left over, you would be happy to share. Right now is just not the time for that. If she gets angry, so be it. Doesn't sound like she is a very productive member of the family in the first place.
    ArmyMom2oneboy

Answer by ArmyMom2oneboy at 7:28 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• I would cut them off period. They obviously don't care a bit about you or your family. I'd tell them to piss off.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 7:38 PM on Nov. 28, 2009