"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time and your government when it deserves it."

Mark Twain said that. Your thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:16 PM on Nov. 28, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• some people believe this others (alot expecially around here) don't. they back everything this country does even though they know it to be wrong.

I don't sugar coat it..... wrong is wrong.

however patriotism in this country also means putting your money where your mouth is.. i suppose im not so patriotic since i have no money to give and i'm all talk. LOLOLOLOL
    Anonymous

• Our Govt/politics. doesn't even care about the country they are supposed to be working for, they do nothing but hurt us, we would support if they would do the job they are supposed to be doing instead of hurting us and this country!
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 7:30 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• "Patriotism is supporting your country all the time and your government when it deserves it."

I agree with the 'when it deserves it' part. Just because we have a government, and just because they promise to do what is right by our country, doesn't mean they do it. If the roaches, oops, polititians don't do what's right for the country, then they don't deserve support.

Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 7:31 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• My thought is some people need to learn that supporting your PRESIDENT ('s stupid decisions) and supporting your COUNTRY are 2 different things. Sort of like when the left supports the troops but not the war. And yes I DID feel this way under BUSH...but I bet many of you will STILL bring him into this...

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 7:34 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• Mark Twain was a very wise man.,
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 7:35 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• The government is US, ppl.
    WE (collective) elected everyone 1 of these folks-the onus is on US.
    Unless, of course you happen to be one of those ppl who has NEVER voted for a winning candidate.
    All those ppl, making all those decisions were elected by WE THE PEOPLE.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 7:37 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• The president is not the only member of the government. The vast majority of the government has really f'ed up. And they can't seem to stop themselves. Much like normal ppl on Thanksgiving!
    Anonymous

• Ha! I damn sure never voted for the likes of nancy pelosi or reid..frank,,dodd..obama etc..dont blame me LOL

anyway yes wise words indeed
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 7:50 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• however patriotism in this country also means putting your money where your mouth is.. i suppose im not so patriotic since i have no money to give and i'm all talk. LOLOLOLOL

Huh? My brother died in Iraq. He wasn't rich either. Are you saying he wasn't a patriot?
    Anonymous

• Anon :57, I'm sure that's not what was meant. I really, really hope not.
    And I didn't vote for what we have in office, either! My daughter cried when the outcome of the circus was announced. She actually cried!
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 8:01 PM on Nov. 28, 2009