If you had a miscarriage, did you have pregnancy symptoms?

I'm newly pregnant and very concerned about miscarriage, as I am at a higher risk due to low progesterone levels.

I was just wondering... for you moms who have had miscarriages, did you have pregnancy symptoms with that pregnancy? What were the symptoms that something wasn't right? What were the signs of your miscarriage? Did you just start bleeding or did you ahve other symptoms first?

Thanks in advance :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:58 PM on Nov. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My first m/c was at 6w, I didn't have any symptoms beyond a missed period and a positive test. With my second m/c at 12w I did have some symptoms, but not all the symptoms I'd had with my two successful pregnancies before that. I had sore breasts, some mild nausea, but nothing to the degree I'd had with my two older kids. But then we got pregnant again after that and my symptoms were milder again and I carried to term (10 day over actually, the little bugger didn't want to come out!), so the absence of symptoms doesn't always mean much.

With both my m/c I had no prior symptoms until I started bleeding. My first was just like a really heavy, extra crampy period. The second I had some spotting and was diagnosed with a uti which can cause spotting. I spotted for 4 or 5 days then had some heavier bleeding for a day and then my water broke and I started hemmorhaging. But I'd had no cramping or anything else going on.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 8:24 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• My miscarriage was a long time ago....over 20 years....I was 12 weeks the first time, 8 weeks the second time. I had been on Clomid, trying to get pregnant. With my first pregnancy, I was very nauseous, dizzy, headachey. Then I started to feel better. Apparently THAT was the problem. I started bleeding, then cramping and miscarried twins at home (because I was an L&D nurse and didn't want to go in to MY hospital.) The second time, I had taken a pregnancy test at home and had a doc appt the next day, when I miscarried that night. I felt fine during the whole time, no real pregnancy symptoms at all except for missed period.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 8:15 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• I was nine weeks pregnant when I had a miscarriage. I had morning sickness and nausea, and I thought everything was fine. I went in for my first doctor's appointment and they couldn't find the heartbeat. They sent me for an ultrasound and they couldn't find it there either. My HCG levels refused to go down, and my body wasn't passing any of the tissue. Therefore, I had to have a D&C to remove the tissue from my body. I didn't know I had miscarried and it was two weeks later of waiting for my HCG levels to go down before they schedule a D&C. I started lightly bleeding just mere days before the D&C was to be had, but I had to have one anyway. After the D&C I bled for a couple of weeks.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:15 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• i was 12 weeks pregnant when i have my 1st MC i had the nausea and moring sickness but i will get these REAL BAD headace and i went to the doc to c what was going on they couldnt find the hearbeat jus like jazzlikemraz i had 2 get a ultrasound and still nothing, i was told 2 get a D&C but i starting cramping real bad in the side and lower back, i had the mc normal without the D&C it was so soooo hard 2 do, my mother n law told me i went into "labor" thats where all the pain was coming from, but im 5 weeks pergant now and feeling tried and breast getting heavey/sore lil mode swing So i wish you luck and keep trying pray everynight cause god knows whats best!
    lscott2208

Answer by lscott2208 at 1:47 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• I was 12 weeks...I had nausea....at first...then when I new there was something wrong..I started having really bad cramps..then started bleeding the day before fathers day of 09...then early fathers day morning, I really started having pain..I went to the bathroom,I started bleeding alot,clots and all...then well...I passed the baby on the way to the hospital..happy fathers day huh..
    MamasAngelPie

Answer by MamasAngelPie at 8:45 PM on Nov. 29, 2009