Did you see the Christmas Tree arrive at the White House?

Yup, and they called it a Christmas tree

It was a busy social week at the White House – with more than 300 guests for the state dinner on Tuesday and 50 guests on Thursday for Thanksgiving. But Friday the most prominent guest of the season arrived: an 18 1/2 foot Douglas Fir tree.

First lady Michelle Obama and the first daughters – all without coats on the blustery fall day – went outside to meet the tree as it was wheeled up to the White House in a carriage. Donated by Eric and Gloria Sundback of Shepherdstown, W.Va., the tree was selected by White House ushers. It will be stationed in the Blue Room and perfectly timed for the filming of Oprah’s upcoming show “Christmas at the White House,” which will be taped next week.

Outside the White House, on the Ellipse, the National Christmas tree will be lit on Dec. 3, with a performance by Sheryl Crow and more.

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 8:04 PM on Nov. 28, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Christmas is just WAY more fun with kids :) I do NOT like this man OR his politics but I bet having Santa visit you at the WH has got to be AWESOME and an 18 1/2 ft tree!!!!!!! OMG!!!!! Thats Crazy great! I hope the girls get a smaller one they can have a hand in decorating tho.....THAT one will be too perfect for words! I did not see them come in an do realize that every president takes every opportunity for a good photo op. Will not be watching any kind of Oprah special....cant stand that woman anymore.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 9:45 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• http://www.politico.com/click/stories/0911/its_beginning_to_look_a_lot_like_christmas.html

Watch the video
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:05 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• Ohh yea, Christmas at the White House with Oprah.... ::gag::
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:15 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• LOL, no, I did not. I had better things to do. Wait, did the Obamas actually say it's a Christmas Tree? Do they change their religion as they see fit? To work with the current holiday?
    Anonymous

• Their PR people informed them to get a better attitude about Christmas.

Isn't that obvious?

Oprah sucks.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 8:24 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• Grace, is that why she's giving up her beloved show? LOL!
    Anonymous

• Bitter Bette's

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:40 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• lol... Sweet... Oprah is a ratings whore. If she brought the mood down of the article for me.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:41 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• If she wasn't mentioned in your article, it would have had a better non-PR feel to it...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:42 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• Obama leaves the gifting to Santa

No birthday or Christmas presents from Mom and Dad, who spend “hundreds” on birthday slumber parties and, as Barack puts it, “want to teach some limits.” Says Michelle: “Malia says, ‘I know there is a Santa because there’s no way you’d buy me all that stuff.’

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0708/12035.html

They Do celebrate

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:44 PM on Nov. 28, 2009