Would you allow a homosexual to watch your child?

Hi, just to let you know won't bash what ever your thoughts are, my DS godfather is gay, and it is no big deal to me!! BFF just found out her daycare provider is a lesbian and is pulling her kid from her care, although she had up until this time been very very happy, so respond moms why or why not?

kimigogo

Asked by kimigogo at 8:05 PM on Nov. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• Yes, I would. I worked in a daycare and one of my coworkers was a lesbian. She was excellent with the children, a wonderful teacher. We also had parents pull their kids out when they found out. I am also a Christian and would still allow it. To me, even though I don't agree with that part of her lifestyle, not allowing her to watch my child would be like not letting someone who lies watch my child. I believe to hate the sin but love the sinner (which we all have sin in our life). She is still a wonderful person who I would fully trust her with my children.
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't mind. I wouldn't mind because sexuality is not something that makes a person capable or incapable of providing good care to children.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 8:07 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• I would have no problem with it, but I would have to know him or her...people are so crazy! its 2009 people need to wake up,are we reall still discrimting people becuase of their sexualit??
    Samantha2174

Answer by Samantha2174 at 8:07 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• I don't care at all what a person's sexual preferrances are as long as they aren't for kids. Beyond that I don't care if they are into orgies with all sorts of kinky shit going on. What happens during the hours they are caring for my child are what I'm concerned with, not what's going on in their bedroom.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 8:12 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• No, I wouldnt allow it.
    Anonymous

• Of course I would. I have a friend who is a lesbian and she is a wonderful person. I would completely trust her with my daughter.

To those who would say no.....I bet the people who you WOULD allow to watch your kids do all kinds of kinky "un-godly" stuff in their bedroom too, but you know what? Its none of your business either way.
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 8:24 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• Anon, why? Being gay doesn't equal being a molester. But, it is your decision. I'm just curious as to why.
    I wouldn't care, as long as they were what we needed and wanted in a daycare provider.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 8:25 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• I would not, due to religious beliefs. We know homosexual's and we associate with them, but I would not allow them to watch my child, it has nothing to do with worrying about them molesting my child, we just prefer not to have our child in that environment.
    Christian-Mom79

Answer by Christian-Mom79 at 8:31 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• rolling on floorThey are GAY, not pedophiles! They don't want to harm children and gayness doesn't rub off. They are kind, loving human beings and we'd all do well to learn more of those characteristics. 

Answer by admckenzie at 8:37 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• I would, as long as the person didn't discuss being gay with my kids. That's my job. Nobody should discuss sexuality with my kids, gay or straight.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:42 PM on Nov. 28, 2009