HOLY SH*T... my daughter just took a sharpie to my unfinished wood coffee table! Is it savable?

Do I have to sand and restain or is there something I can do to it to get it out? She also scribbled on her pants... any laundry tips?

Ati_13

Asked by Ati_13 at 8:25 PM on Nov. 28, 2009 in General Parenting

• If the wood was unfinished you're probably going to have to sand and restain. You could try a magic eraser, but I don't know how well it would work. And I think the pants just became play clothes, because I've never been able to get sharpie out of clothes. Good luck though.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 8:31 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• Magic eraser (gently on coffee table?? not 100% sure)

Zout or Oxyclean for pants
    Anonymous

• Probably not. My son's little cousin took a sharpie and scribbled it all over herself... it didn't come out for a long, long time! (I do mean face, body, feet, hands! It was quite the sight. Lol. She must have been quick.)
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 8:43 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• If the wood is unfinished you'll have to sand and stain the table. Even if the table were stained you'll have to sand and restain the table. No solution will get any stain out of wood, as it will only hurt the wood further. Whether staining it further, or causing the wood to warp and crack.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:57 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• Oxyclean will not work for the pants, been there done that....sorry.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 10:27 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• TRy finger nail polish remover! it gets it off of other things lol including skin!!! walls what have u? maybe ull get lucky if it doesnt work chances are ur gonna have to sand and stain again
    babygirl8302006

Answer by babygirl8302006 at 11:27 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• i was gonna say try nail polish remover to
    lmaines22

Answer by lmaines22 at 1:10 AM on Nov. 29, 2009