Why the f**k would someone steal???......

I was disabled in an auto accident two and a half years ago. I recently had a major surgery on my femur to legnthn my leg. Needless to say I am unable to walk. A couple of months ago I got a mobility scooter. Well, Happy Thanksgiving.... some jackass stole it from my vehicle.... I am only 39 years old, I have four kids and now I am stuck hombound for the most part because I can't walk and I have a hard time in my manual wheelchair. What would posess someone to do this????

bcauseimthemom

Asked by bcauseimthemom at 9:03 PM on Nov. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I knew there were dumb fucks here on CM.... this is to the two dumb ass anon posters.... may your Holiday trees catch fire and burn your house down... with your whole family in them....
    Anonymous

• because they could sell it, use the money for whatever they deem is their need. same reason people steal anything.
    (sorry this happened to you.)
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 9:05 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• People are stupid and selfish! once when I was little it was christmas and I got a bike from santa! I was so damn excited. My friend got to come over that afternoon with her bike and we rode bikes all day! We put both our bikes on the back patio when It was time to come in and locked the back gates. Well when we woke up first thing we were gonna do it ride bikes! Guess what! My brand new bike was gone but her older one was still there. I was crushed! thats all I had wanted plus it was special cause it was from Santa. It's nothing compared to what you lost but I know how you feel. Hope you get it back
    Anonymous

• Thieves get what's coming to them. I've had my wallet stolen. They decided the 200$ cash wasn't enough....swiped my credit card and filled up two tanks of gasoline. Karma is quite a bitch and they'll get theirs....

Anonymous

• wow. that is horrible. I would contact your local news stations or local papers and see if they would air, or write about what happened to you. Maybe it would make the idiot feel bad and return it, or maybe someone will donate one to you.
    Anonymous

• why would u leave it in the car honestly?! i mean u leave something of value in the car , someone sees it , knows they cant get alot from it , theyre going to take it ... so sorry i do not feel bad AT ALL!
    Anonymous

• It sucks that this was stolen from you , in todays economy and recession theives are willing to steal anything with no morals or scruples about it. It's disgusting that they can and will do this but it's unfortunately happening.
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 9:31 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

WOW...I can see leaving it in the car for different reasons for different amounts of time.
    That does NOT give someone the right to just take it.

I am sorry this happened to you. Seems some people can't get a break :(
    hopefully you can get another
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:33 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

Who the fuck takes a mobility scooter out of a vehicle that doesn't belong to them and just gets away with it? Honestly I didn't know people actually stole mobility scooters. Money? Yes. Jewelry? Yes. But a mobility scooter? What the fuck is wrong with you, this is a heavy item that someone NEEDS, not a credit card left in a car.
    Anonymous

• why wasnt car locked?
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 9:57 PM on Nov. 28, 2009