Am I the only one irritated by all the Christmas decos and trees up so soon?

I mean, come on people! Seriously! Martians, looking down on our smoggy planet from afar, can even see your gaudy lawn crap and superfluous blinky lights. It even annoys THEM. "Jeez, some of those Earthlings are ridiculous," says one Martian to another. "Let's drop an asteroid on them."

JoyeAustin

Asked by JoyeAustin at 9:07 PM on Nov. 28, 2009 in Holidays

• yes, lets totally drop an asteroid on them.

I concur.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:08 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• so far, yes..december is only a couple days away, hon. why not enjoy your decorations all month? crap,i put out so much stuff, it'd be ridiculous to only enjoy it a week or so.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 9:09 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• LOL!

You're not the only one! Drives me nuts. I love Christmas lights... about two weeks before Christmas. I hate that there are Christmas commercials on right after Halloween, and I hate that all the retailers have their Christmas displays up by the first of Nov.

And I HATE HATE HATE Black Friday. They call it Black Friday for a reason... because it's evil.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 9:09 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• Yup, Although it will be here before you know I was still digging the fall colors and now everything is puked up green and red.
    Blah!
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 9:12 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• What about the people who leave there lights up all year long? I have seen that a lot too.
    tree1997

Answer by tree1997 at 9:20 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• Its my families first christmas and our daughter turned 1. So better believe we are goin all out.ppl pay a lot of money for all those decorations and its stupid to have up for just a wk or 2. When my SO and I put up decorations we are thinking of how happy our daughter will be to c all the lights and color. Not thinking about how annoyed someone else will b by doing that. Geez what's the big deal.
    ProudMammaMia

Answer by ProudMammaMia at 9:21 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• nope- once Thanksgiving rolls around-it's all good ;)
    I LOVE the lights
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:27 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• I bet you are one of those people that will leave them up all year round because you are too lazy to spell out words and taking down lights is much more time consuming than adding the letter e to the word be. ~eye roll~
    Anonymous

• I never cared for it this early myself but also think people spend too much time trying to impress their neighbors and spend way too much money as well. Spare the earth and buy less plastic crap. Give to a charity instead, the world is already too cluttered!!
    Anonymous

• I'm on your side Joye. I don't think about decorating till the week before.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 9:28 PM on Nov. 28, 2009