Not excited about Pregnacy is this okay?

I'm about 6 months pregnant and I'm not excited at all! I feel like a major burden and just useless. The father keeps popping in and out my life and it's very hard on me and I have great parent who are helping as much as they can. But all I wanna do is be left alone and just forget about everything. I feel like I'm relying way to much on my parents and just wanna give up! I don't know what to do or how I'm supposed to feel! I'm just confused! Any advice or ne thing at all welcome!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:21 PM on Nov. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I think that whatever it is that is making you feel this way needs to change or be fixed before your baby arrives because after your baby arrives your hormones will be even crazier and you want to be as happy, at ease, and prepared in a positive way for you little one. Babys in the womb and when there a newborn will feed off your negative energy so you diff want to be happy. Maybe your feeling this way because the father of your baby is being inconsistent and is not being the good support system that you need. But if it were me and my SO was in and out of my life during my preg. I would just tell him either your in 100% or out cause he needs to be dependable and stable not only for you but for the baby. And your lucky to have such great supportive parents Im sure they dont find you a burden and are happy to help.. if they werent then they prob wouldnt be helping you. I hope everything gets better. Stay positive!
    AProsser

Answer by AProsser at 9:34 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• Yes it can be normal. The media and a lot of people dress pregnancy up to be nothing but sunshine and rainbows but it's not always like that for every woman. Hormones are probably playing a big role in your mood, plus the annoyance of the baby's father coming and going as he pleases. I was kind of in a situation like yours during my 1st pregnancy, with the father leaving and all, and I completely stopped talking to EVERYONE but my parents and pretty much "hid out" til I had her. Cheer up, you will soon be holding your baby :)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:37 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• Thanks for all the help and answers I just wish I knew what to do! I tried shutting the father out my life and everything was better but u know once u fall for someone it's hard to just keep them away! I'm sure I'll get happier one day but the last week its just been bad! Thanks again though for all the help!
    smrinier

Answer by smrinier at 9:46 PM on Nov. 28, 2009