Is this what they call sciatic pain?

A pain in my butt, literally, like right above my left cheek in the bone area. When I walk, it radiates down to my ankle. 33 weeks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:24 PM on Nov. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yep that's it.

I know it's mostly your leg and bottom hurting, but the best place to ice is your lower back where the nerve is getting pinched - the good effects will radiate down to the leg.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 10:19 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• Yep that is the pain I had.
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 9:27 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• Same here... And it was horrible! After having my DD it was acting up real bad for weeks.. one day I had bent over to pick up the diaper bag and my back, butt and hip locked up and I was stuck on the floor. My DD is 16 months old and I still have problems with it.
    AProsser

Answer by AProsser at 9:44 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• Yes and it sucks. I'm only like 7 weeks and last night I woke with a sharp burning pain right there. Stupid pinched nerve. It's driving me nuts and if I have to live the next 9 months like this I'm going to going freaking nuts.
    I had it really bad towards the end of my last pregnancy, down both legs (right now it's localized in my hip area). Not to mention both hips were dislocating with every step. I'm not looking forward to any of that again. Ugh.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:09 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• Yeah, you've got it! I never had it with my daughter,but I did with my son. I still have issues with it 11 years later. That's how I know I've been on my feet too long @ work. My best advice is to try ice on your hip for about 20 min. then maybe heat for 20 min. and sit with your feet up to rest. Good luck!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 10:45 PM on Nov. 28, 2009