I know when your pregnant your supose to be hormonal and all... i just wonder what is the point when you should be concerned?

In high school i had some depression issues... i now know that it was largely due to my undiagnosed diabetes. but with this pregnancy i seem to have a lot of self worth issues and my mind just goes and goes... i never want to hurt myself because i would then hurt my baby... but is it normal to feel so worthless and to feel like your family would be better off with out you? and to what extent is it ok...

11SMG06

Asked by 11SMG06 at 9:31 PM on Nov. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Sometimes. But if your feeling that way all the time then no I wouldn't consider it normal. However if after you have the baby and you constantly feel that way then I would definitely tell a physician.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 9:34 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• I think with depression it's always good to err on the side of talking to your doctor about it.

If it's not serious the doctor can still give you great ideas for how to help it without medication.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 10:31 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• i went through a similar situation during my pregnancy and boy those hormones do not help. I agree with the others that talking to the doc is probably a good idea, and just try to remember that hormones make you sensitive and more prone to feeling things you could normally handle. if you ever need someone to talk to, please let me know. hope I helped a little!
    jewels912

Answer by jewels912 at 11:54 PM on Nov. 28, 2009