post nasal drip

Very odd! this evening, symptoms of post nasal drip hit me hard out of nowhere. It sucks! I have been drinking a lot of water, clearing my throat with hacka-loogies (sp?) and blowing my nose, gargling with salt water, I used some saline drops, I drank some ginger and peppermint tea to help soothe my throat and some OJ for the vitamin C....what else can I do? I dont want it to get worse. I just got over a cold too!

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 9:46 PM on Nov. 28, 2009 in Health

• Try using a neti pot to clean out your sinuses and keep them clean.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 9:56 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• whats that?
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 9:57 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• No dairy.

Make a syrup with equal parts cayenne pepper (anti-inflammatory) and honey (anti-bacterial).

Elderberry syrup (antiviral)

Answer by rkoloms at 10:12 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• i do have some elderberry syrup but it is my sons! it is a compounded mixture of elderberry, echinacea and propolis! i'm drinking some warm water with lemon right now!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 10:16 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• Try an antihistamine like Claritin - to help Post Nasal Drip - that's what my hubby's doc has always said works best for it. You can add a decongestant for the congestion and to help dry up some of it. Lemon juice in tea or water can help clear some mucus if you get to coughing b/c of it. ;o)
    Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 1:46 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Here is a link about what a neti pot is & how it's used, etc. - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neti_pot

I bought my neti pot at CVS pharmacy (their brand) after I saw it on Dr. Oz and it really does help, at least for me it has. I have awful sinus allergy type problems, plus my one sinus is messed up from having a broken eye socket a few years back and it would never drain and was always harboring infections, but not since using the neti pot. Using the neti pot has really helped with keeping my sinuses clear and it's much safer than using chemical nasal sprays or pills.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 11:57 AM on Nov. 29, 2009