Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepchildren (somewhat)

I am engaged to my current bf and he is going through a divorce from his wife (they've been seperated 3yrs B4 we got together) Currently the exwife has fallen off her band wagon for the upteenth time already. She called said she was homeless(lie) but wanted my bf to pick up his daughter. The only way she allowed him to do that was for him to take her son too (his stepson) the kids are 6(boy) and 4(girl). They have been with us for 2 weeks going on 3 and the 6yr old is not in school. (leagally we cant do anything with him) the girl is finally in pre-k. Mom is enjoying her life now with her bf and im taking care of the kids along with MY OWN 3 CHILDREN. Am i wrong to not want the boy here? I feel she needs to take him back! Any good advice?

Answer Question

Asked by Hunney28 at 9:48 PM on Nov. 28, 2009 in General Parenting

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (2)
  • How does your fiancee feel about the boy? Does he look at him like it's his own son and love and care for him ? If he does then you should tell him how you feel but understand if he gets upset . My nieces "father" is really her stepfather but he's been in her life longer then her bio dad has and she thinks of him as her true dad.

    Where is the little boys father? Can anyone reach him or maybe his grandparents on his mom's side? I get that you don't want to take care of someone else's child but think about it from the little boys perspective... his mom just pawned him off, he's probably hurt and confused. He's still a little child and needs someone to just be there for him . Maybe your fiancee is doing that for him and bless him if he is.

    Answer by bubblycute at 9:51 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

  • Call CPS about it. If something happens to the boy, neither one of you can authorize anything medically for him! Neither one of you can put him in school and he legally has to be in school (or homeschooled)

    It's unfortunate that you don't "want" him, but there isn't anything you can do with or for him, legally...

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:55 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.