How do I stop my exhusband from doing this?

My x just took my 5 year old son to see a rated R movie, Ninja Assasins. I've told him before that he can't and shouldn't see these kinds of movies. What he usually says is that if Indiana Jones is PG and the Kung Fu Panda is PG what's the difference? This is the first rated R movie that i know of that he's taken him to. How do i get him to stop this? He obviously is going to do what ever he wants. Any suggestions?

aidansmom111804

Asked by aidansmom111804 at 9:51 PM on Nov. 28, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Maybe mention it to the court?
    Anonymous

• I would bring it up to the court too maybe? This is not okay your right, Kung fu panda is not the same as ninja assasins. lol you are right on that!
    82ndairbornewif

Answer by 82ndairbornewif at 11:03 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• Isn't "R" rated supposed to be "no one under 17 admitted"? Get the movie theater in trouble for allowing a kid inthere.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:22 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• under 17 is allowed as long as the child is with an adult. Other then bringing it up in court there really isn't much you can do. TAlk to your son about the movie. I am sure some of what he saw probably scared him....but I haven't seen the movie so I could be wrong.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 11:46 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Rated R is no one under 17 admitted without a parent. Pay attention to the commercials and you would know this.

Also, skip going to court, they aren't going to do anything about it and you would be wasting a lot of money. It may be something you are going to have to deal with. In the sceme of things, this is a small thing to worry about. His father could be doing a whole lot worse.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:13 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• u may have 2 give in on this one since he'd just rent the movie and show it to him anyway when it comes out. just hope he doesn't take the child to a prostitute on his 16th birthday to teach him how to be a man.
    Anonymous

• Report him to CPS. Remenber, it takes about 17 writeups to get amywhere with this typw of stuff. They are busy and take the most dangerous situations first. But, DO start the paper trail. I'm so sorry for your sone (possible trauma) and you for feeling so powerless in this situation..... Keep up the good work....
    tanya64

Answer by tanya64 at 9:07 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Did your son want to see the movie? IMO that depends on if it's a HUGE deal or not. I don' t let my kids watch rated R movies, but I know some parents do if their kids want to see them.
    fallnangel3

Answer by fallnangel3 at 9:52 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I just feel really bad for you. I have a 5 year old who didn't like watching Up because of the mean dogs. Your husband should be handed a stack of articles you can find on the internet about Rated R studies on children. I'm so sorry and I agree with the one reader that says as soon as you find out, maybe go watch the movie yourself (if you have time, ha!) and discuss it with him. Or just discuss with him... you can find synopsis of books and movies on wikipedia if you don't have time to go see it.
    lynnard

Answer by lynnard at 11:20 AM on Dec. 1, 2009