Why do some bash others that have lost their jobs in this bad economy?

So many are laid off, unemployed or jobless. In our area on the news is job losses! Like 65 here, 120 there, 100 here over & over.. We went through this 24 year ago. It was Awful then! Its horrible living over it again! The only bright side is now our DD's are grown and married. But its difficult! Plus then even working mothers do have to take off right after giving birth! So if in the mean time a DH loses his job. Doesn't make them bad people! Why do some assume others are lazy or bad? If someone comes for advice, care, maybe some kind words why be mean? Who needs it? Wouldn't you like to hear something encouraging? It can happen to anyone!! Not everyone can move! Many areas are rural too.

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 9:54 PM on Nov. 28, 2009 in Money & Work

• I agree a kind word would go so much further then the bashing. Some people just feel good making others feel small, but they should remember what goes around comes around and everyone gets theirs in the end.

bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 9:58 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• There are lots of great tips and support in Café Mom job hunting moms group: http://www.cafemom.com/group/jobhuntingmoms

Answer by rkoloms at 10:09 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• I agree....but if they are anything like my SO....they are absolutely positively LAZY. Mine doesn't even try to look for a job and sits on his fat a$$ and watches tv all day and thinks his $580 every two weeks ifrom unemployment is enough for him to chip in for the bills!! So unless these people are trying to look...just trying....I agree that I feel bad for them and they shouldn't be put down. It's a hard econcomy out there. Sorry....had to vent!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Um, if there are jobs elsewhere, YES you need to move. People had to do it back in the day and there will come a time when it's imperative that we do it again. If there are jobs, you need to go find the jobs, they don't come looking for you.....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:39 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• I dont y people do this, but it's wrong....this is life and things happen. I dont necessarily believe people should move to another state because the grass is not greener on the other side. I stay in Detroit, an we have the highest unemployment rate in the country, an my best friend left to move to Dallas in Feb, hasnt found a job yet. She could've stayed here an continued to be broke. Plus, you have to think of people who's only family or support system may only be where they stay. You dont want to up and move across the country where you kno no one, and have no family to back you up in case of emergency situations.
    mzhazelrae313

Answer by mzhazelrae313 at 2:32 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• We moved out west for work and uprooted the kids in July. It was ok, found work, and started to settle, money really tight. I was accepted into Nursing here so we came back to MI. No money for sec dep rent etc no time to save. Me and the kids ar staying with my mom and she will not let my husband live here so he is living in his truck. he found a good job right away very lucky 17/hr she says he has to get us a place on his own and he wont pay for a hotel and has no one that will let him stay no family here. My mother is a nurse with a secure job an she has no idea what it is like. we are trying so hard here how can she split us up and make me choose i have to stay here right now she doesnt even care that he is homeless its not her problem she says causes me and him to fight alot and to top it off its either pay1300 to move in some where or the kids have christmas cant do both why cant she just let him stay here we are married?
    jamiet

Answer by jamiet at 6:50 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• why don't u tell him to try to go to the DHS office...they will give you money toward first month's rent or security deposit if you are homeless, evicted, etc.....it's called state emergency relief funds....i received it when i moved because my apartment had a health code violation....message me if u need more details...
    mzhazelrae313

Answer by mzhazelrae313 at 11:35 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• they just get pissed when people ask for a hand out.. but one day when they lose their job they will be begging too.. people are losing their jobs quicker and quicker now.. alot of people.. certain ones to be exact sit on here and just bash anyone and everyone.. i am a helping person so i like to help and tell people where they can earn money or get food for cheaper and such so screw them ungrateful bitches who have no life..
    Anonymous