I think my husband is faking

My husband recently got laid off and now he is home all day... lol I love to have him home so much but i figured that would mean he would be more helpful. Now whenever I ask him to do something for me its always- my back hurts, i dont feel well, i think i am coming down with the flu... at first i thought he was telling the truth so i did everything by myself- even thanksgiving dinner while taking care of my 5 month old and 2 yr old (my 2 older kids entertained themselves) But now I am wondering if he is just making excuses to get out of helping me because earlier oday he went hanging out at his cousins house and a few days ago he went hanging out with his friend- the last time I hung out with anyone was.... 2 yrs ago maybe? I am not complaining about being a mom and if he was working i wouldnt care but he isn't doing anything but having fun! its like a vacation for him! but when he goes back to work will i get one? no! cont.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:56 PM on Nov. 28, 2009 in General Parenting

• so what shou;ld i do?
    Anonymous

• Tell him enough is enough if he can get up and go to his friends house then he can help around the house. You don't get a break when your back hurts or you don't feel well. Let him know you love him but you won't be treated like that. If he's depressed because he lost his job let him know you still respect him but you need him more then ever now because life and the house life is weighing heavy on your shoulders too.
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 10:00 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• Tell him you need a doctor's note to get out of taking care of the kids and helping out :0) Its just like kids when they say they are too sick to go to school. O.k., then its bed rest, no tv, no going anywhere. When he feels better he can go visit his friends etc... but then make a deal with him, for each day he goes, you get one to yourself too. Hey, fair is fair!
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 10:10 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• yours too! mine has been laid off for 16 months and counting.. same here. I work 40 hrs a week and come home to a trashed house!
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 11:05 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• Maybe you should turn it around on him... wake him up very early one day and say "honey I think I have the flu---so I am going to stay in bed today while YOU take care of the house and kids!" Let him see what it is like to do it all while your partner sits around and does nothing.
    If you don't want to do that, then I suggest you sit him down and talk to him, tell him how you feel, and let him know that since he is home all day he can start pitching in and helping out- as it is his house/kids too. I would also let him know that since he is home, you plan to take a day off and go hang out with friends (or do something you want to do). I would get the calendar out and mark down a day as 'moms day out' in big letters and when the day comes- go out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:05 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Yeah he could be faking it and that maybe because he's depressed . He was just laid off from work , that would make you want to give up for a while with alot of things . He just needs a good kick in the ass from you to see that it's all in his head he's not sick just depressed . just imo
    Anonymous