Is this a good deal?

I am being offered... a really nice crib with a mattress, a bouncer seat, a swing, a car seat and a stroller for $400? Is this a good deal or is it too much? I am almost positive it is a good deal.. but i just dont want to be ripped off when i could be buying brand new things instead of used for around the same price ya know? Any opinions would be appreciated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:06 PM on Nov. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sounds like a great deal to me!
    AProsser

Answer by AProsser at 10:07 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• A brand new wooden crib is $400.00. Thats a very good deal.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 10:07 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• Id try to talk the person down a bit more and refuse to car seat. Never do used car seats. You never know if its been in any kind of accident or even been dropped wrong. Anything can cause a car seat to no longer work properly in an accident. That item is just better used so you know whats been done to it.
    Kayere

Answer by Kayere at 10:21 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• I think it's a good deal..awesome!
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 10:29 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• That sounds like a great deal!! I, too, would refuse the carseat - - even if you know the family it comes from really well, you just never really know - and on top of that,car seats have expiration dates.
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 10:38 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• I think it sounds like a good deal if everything is in good condition. My crib was $200 on sale and $100 for a mattress. So all of that for $400 sounds good but look everything over before you make your final decision.
    msfila1980

Answer by msfila1980 at 10:38 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• That is a GREAT deal...but I wouldn't use a used carseat, but even without it's still a great deal!
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 10:54 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• I think you can do better by getting mostly new...
    For example... on Albeebaby you could get
    A crib $200 http://www.albeebaby.com/baitbecrandm.html
    And a travel system for $200 http://www.albeebaby.com/graco-quattro-tour-sport-travel-system-nectar.html
    Leaving you without a matress, bouncy and swing.... but a nice matress is about $100 and you can get a bouncy and swing for about $25 used at somewhere like Once Upon a Child (so $125 extra)
    Where if you spend the $400 on the things you are getting now, all of it's used and you still need a good car seat... which will cost just as much ($125 at least for a good one) and if you get a new mattress (which i wouldn't want to use a used one) so around an extra $200
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:41 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• It does sound like a good deal but I think I agree with AmiJanell. We just got a nice mattress at walmart for $40. If this is your first baby than I would definitely go with a new carseat, especially if you plan on having more children. I don't know if it is by state, but we were told in a baby class that the infant seats expire in five years (I believe because the straps get thin and wear out) so we decided to buy new so we knew when the five years was up and we could use it for our next child.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:43 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Consider the massive recall on cribs now....check it out first and make sure it's not one being recalled.

Never buy a used carseat. You have no way of knowing the actual history. If you insist on using a used one (which has possibly been in an accident...easy to lie about) make sure it has not been recalled and is still within the time period where it is safe (usually around 5 years)

Mattress...make sure you inspect it well. Make sure there are no holes, rips or tears. Moisture in the mattress through them can cause mold and/or mildew making it dangerous for the baby.

Other than that....forget the carseat and the rest is a good deal.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:16 AM on Nov. 29, 2009