new to cafe mom

I am new to cafe mom, was wondering what is best way to make friends on here? i dont know of anyone else that is on here, so just learning

momof3boyz37

Asked by momof3boyz37 at 10:09 PM on Nov. 28, 2009 in About CafeMom

• Welcome to CafeMom. I am going to send you a friends request!
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 10:11 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• join some groups! if you have a particular interest or lifestyle, such as "stay at home mom", or "sewing", type that in the search box and you will see a list of "moms, groups, journals...etc". click on groups and they will give you a description of the group! some you can join right away, others you have to "apply for". you can also type in your city and state in the search box and see if there's a local cafemom group! great way to meet moms and children in your area!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 10:21 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• I am going to send you a friends request!
    moommy2009

Answer by moommy2009 at 10:24 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• What Owl Feather said! I've found quite a few friends by joining groups that interest me. I have also found friends by reading through the Answers section. When I see a mom answer questions similarly to me, I check out their profile and often find that we have things in common.
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 11:28 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• thank you all for the advice, most of it i pretty much been doing before but I wasnt getting answers back on the replies so i thought maybe i was missing out on something....thanks so much and for those of you that sent me request i appreciate it and look forward to getting to know more about you.
    momof3boyz37

Answer by momof3boyz37 at 2:03 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• One of the tabs at the top of each page is Moms. You can find other moms in your area and see if you have any groups on here for local people. A warning, some of the groups have too much drama so you can pick and choose. If a group isn't for you you can quit anytime. You can search for groups of moms with similar interests under the Groups tab.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:56 AM on Nov. 29, 2009