Two incidences have happened. What would you do?

The first one, ex-husband had inventory for his job. It was his weekend to have my son and I worked. He told his boss that he would do the inventory and I had to arrange a babysitter or ask my folks to watch my son. He didn't want to be in debt to his boss and ask his wife to watch him so I ended up taking the weekend off and losing money. I didn't want a stranger watching my son. The second time is next week. He was asked by his boss to set up a store (office depot) for a VIP next week. It again is on the day he is supposed to take his son and I work. I got a babysitter and my ex paid me the money for the babysitter but now he wants me to walk his dogs that Wednesday night after i get off work at 7 with my son. He keeps telling his boss he'll definitely do what ever he wants and then tells me so I have no choice but to make other arrangements. I really don't think it's my responsibility to watch his dogs.

aidansmom111804

Asked by aidansmom111804 at 10:20 PM on Nov. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• Why can't his wife walk his dog?

wildboyz1994

Answer by wildboyz1994 at 10:29 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• it's not my ex husbands wife that i was talking about..sorry it was a little confusing..it was his boss's wife that was going to watch my son that day.
    aidansmom111804

Answer by aidansmom111804 at 10:38 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• The kid thing is hard but you DO NOT have to walk his dogs and I just flat out wouldn't do it. He keeps inconvincing you ... why make his life easier.
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 10:41 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• Oh, OK-
    No, you are not responsible to walk his dog HOWEVER, I am not a tit-for-tat kind of person and if I was available to do a favor for someone even if they do not deserve it, I usually do it. Good Karma I guess! Also, I would feel bad for the dog having to "hold it" for a long time. That all being said- if its a hardship for you do not feel like you HAVE to do it. He is an adult and can find a way to get the dog walked just like you found a way to have your son taken care of while you worked. (not comparing your son to the dog!)
    wildboyz1994

Answer by wildboyz1994 at 10:43 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• does your ex want you back?
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 10:52 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• I am actually the same. if someone asks me for a favor i do it. It would be much easier for me to walk the dogs before work, which i told him..then when i met with him today he said i needed to do it after work which is too late. his dogs are used to being alone for 12 hours and his friend won't be able to be at the apt. until thursday afternoon....and he comes home thursday night...so he inconvenienced me then told me when i need to walk his dogs..he has nerve in my book. not sure if he wants me back..he said that it's not fair that i'm pretty and smarter than him. a big compliment and it felt creepy. he's always asking me to do stuff with him and my son when he has him or to go see my son's room but i don't want to do any of that. i just need to flat out tell him no..i'm too nice, my big problem.
    aidansmom111804

Answer by aidansmom111804 at 11:21 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• Well, if its a hardship I would tell him (the sooner the better) that you can not do it so he can make arrangements, at the very least he can get a dog sitter to let the dog out.

Things sound complicated, hope it all works out in your favor!
    wildboyz1994

Answer by wildboyz1994 at 11:25 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• When your child is supposed to be with his father it is his fathers responsibility to set up responsible child care and pay for it if he needs it. I would not let him get away with this crap.
    Anonymous

• Call a local vet and ask them for the name of a professional dog walker he can hire.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:46 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• get on petsitter.com and find him a pet sitter to come and walk his dogs and he can pay them
    Anonymous