Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Filed for divorce

my husband filed for divorce but has been gone for 1 year anyways. so i received the papers and I decided to get a mediator (cheaper) especially since we don't have much to slip anyway. 4 kids in the marriage of 15 years. Ithink he is going through mid-life crisis and he still comes over the house everytime he is off from work like he always did. I have to let him come in for the kids only but I really don't want to at times. I am trying to keep sane for the kids....Do you think its a good Idea that he takes 2 of the kids and I take 2 of the kids because I am a stay at home mom and would have to work at the end of all this....

the mediator wants to meet with both of us and he does not want to go... I don't want to reply or answer his papers because he puts down that we were not having sex and that is so UNTRUE... suggestions

Answer Question

Asked by Lil4babies at 10:24 PM on Nov. 28, 2009 in Relationships

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • If your a stay at home mom then he has to pay you alimony until you get on your feet. If your kids are older than 12 then they pick who they want to go with.

    Answer by armywife2009101 at 10:26 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

  • I could not give up any of my kids, not even to their own daddy. I want and need to know that they are safe and taken care of all the time. If this is his ideal it may be because hes trying to wiggle out of paying child support. Be careful! Men can be snakes during a divorce. I know first hand. My ex would say one thing and do the complete opposite. I never thought he would do any of the things that he did to me and my kids.

    Answer by heavenlypeace at 11:14 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

  • Quit having sex with him....thats the reason hes coming around...hes getting his cake and eating it too....Makes no sense for you to let him for the kids...he walked away...Why do you need to give up can take care of them...its called child support...get a job and get child support and you'll be alright~

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

  • actually i am not having sex with him since he left.....I am letting him come into the home for the kids..... is this wrong??

    Answer by Lil4babies at 11:04 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.