so my son asked me..

is the world going to end in 2012? he told me he is scared!!! I just said no one knows when the world will end and no one can put a exact date.MY son is 9. I am worried about the ending, hopefully NOT!!! and now he is worried.. Poor child I know how he feels. anyone eles child ask this

r00j04j08

Asked by r00j04j08 at 10:38 PM on Nov. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think you handled it perfectly honestly you have your fears and he has his as well but every one has these fears and thinks about it at one point in time its perfectly normal and you handled it exactly the way a mother should handle it Jesus did say no one knows exactly when the world will end sooo there for no one does know ...I hope this helps you but honestly you sound like you are a great mother who knows what she is doing and doesn't need any help (:
    Kelly_Motherof2

Answer by Kelly_Motherof2 at 1:05 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• My kids ask questions and talk about this all the time. They know that no one but God only knows when the end is but they still want reassurance.
    heavenlypeace

Answer by heavenlypeace at 11:20 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• Poor thing! I can remember when I was his age the world was going to end in 2000 and I can remember counting forward, even as a teen and thinking "I won't even be 30!!" lol And I would lose sleep worrying!  I havent' seen the movie or read the book so I'm not really sure how it "ends". But I really don't think 2012 is the end, there are a lot of things astronomical that will have to happen. (sun turning super nova etc) Even with global warming there will have to be so many things that happen and there will be "signs" and the scientists can predict. But I agree, no one really knows. And I would tell my son if he asked that there's nothing to worry about, even if there is...

Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 11:26 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• My cousin saw the previews for that movie & is also scared the world's going to end in 2012. Just reasure him it's just a movie.
    TolbertMom

Answer by TolbertMom at 11:46 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• With it being the end of th mayan calendar it's actually a celebration for them. Having it be the end of the world is actually a myth. So tell him it's something to be excited about and that the world isn't going to end. poor little guy it breaks my heart when kids are scared. hopefully this random trivia helps.
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 11:59 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• thank you ladies :) . He heard it from one of his friends.
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 2:15 PM on Nov. 29, 2009