Do you have a real tree for Christmas?

If you buy a real tree for Christmas, could you tell me what you pay for it? And if you are willing, what state you are from too?

honeyb3

Asked by honeyb3 at 10:39 PM on Nov. 28, 2009 in Holidays

• I am in Michigan and we pay 25-30 for a real tree this gets a pretty nice tree and we go to the cut your own place too. Now my MIL pays I think 50 but she gets a HUGE beautiful tree with really firm branches but really soft needles.
    PsychMommie

Answer by PsychMommie at 10:41 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• I'm allergic to pine. So, a real big tree wouldn't be a good idea for us. But we do get a small live tree (3ft or less) and then we plant it in the spring. I hate the idea of a fake tree for Yule, it just seems wrong! So, we started getting the mini tree instead. As long as I don't touch it, I'm okay... So, the kids water it and DH decorates it...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:47 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• When we lived in OR a nice live tree was 30 or less... here in CO they are $60 or more- UGH! We have a fake tree, which I swore we would never do, but we spend M-F here and the weekends at our ski place so it made sense to have a fake tree. I think the fake tree was about $200.
    wildboyz1994

Answer by wildboyz1994 at 11:05 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• We live in PA. In the area where we live there are really two tree farms to choose from. We go to a very simple farm. Every tree, no matter the size or kind, is $28. The other tree farm is huge, has hayrides, hot chocolate, a hay maze, all kinds of things. Their trees cost anywhere between $40 and $70 depending on what you pick.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• I think last year we paid $40 for a 7.5' fir tree. I can't remember whether it was a grand or noble fir, but it was really full, really big, and the branches were very strong. We go to a cut your own tree farm, and the kids LOVE it. We're in WA. Also, it stayed green and didnt dry out at all til well after christmas when DS forgot to water it. We had to add about 1 gallon of water every 2 days. I love live trees though so its worth the work.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:19 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• I am allergic to pine trees like Sabrina. The last time we got a real tree was in 2006...I suffered through the allergies...it was $30. We live in PA and they range from $15-40 here. Now, there is a church by my house that gives free Christmas trees every year.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 12:42 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• We live in Oregon and often go to a tree farm up the road where we can choose our own and they cut it and shake it for you. It usually costs about $25.00. I love having a real tree in the house. It makes everything smell so good!
    magsrobsmom

Answer by magsrobsmom at 1:14 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• I finally got a fake one because here in Long Island, NY you will spend about 60-80 dollars...thats just for your average tree. So 2 years ago after Christmas (that is the key ) I went to Lowe's and bought a $500. tree for $70 and I'm so happy with it.

Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 2:25 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• We have a fake tree the kind with the lights already on it so all I need to do is put the balls on it. We have a pine candle that is always always lighted to get the pine Snell in the house. I love the fake tree no needles all over the place and no costly tree to buy each year.
    Alieda

Answer by Alieda at 9:39 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• In FL a nice big tree is 60-80. I bought a fake one a few years ago after Christmas on sale. I just can't afford to do real.

maxswolfsuit

Answer by maxswolfsuit at 12:11 PM on Nov. 29, 2009