I am so down about my facial hair. Please share your positive experiences about removing your unwanted facial hair.

I am thinking about laser treatments which are really expensive or buying a RIO Laser Hair Removal system. Have you heard of this or have you used it? I really can't afford either, but I am walking with my head down, I can't look people in the eye when I talking to them and I work outside my home and I'm in contact with MANY people through out the day. People are going to get the wrong impression of me because I can't look at them. I just can't take this anymore. What do you suggest?

QandA

Asked by QandA at 10:44 PM on Nov. 28, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• just get a wax. or tweez.
    siren_sexy

Answer by siren_sexy at 12:33 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• LOL I use my husbands electric shaver when he is not around I hate ripping it out bleach is to harsh and I cannot afford laser.
    PsychMommie

Answer by PsychMommie at 10:46 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• one word, NAIR! use it, I have a slight embarassing mustachio n use nair hair removal on that area. Unless ur hair is thick n coarse, then shave n then use it...?!?!?
    Anonymous

• I use the prescription cream called Vaniqua. It inhibits the growth of facial hair, but it takes about 8 weeks to start working & only works as long as you're using it. Costs about $80 for a 1/2 oz or 1oz tube & isn't covered by any insurance because it's for cosmetic purposes. I still get a few hairs that continue to grow, but I just pluck them out as they grow.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• eww.. didnt know there were men on this site..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:45 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• I wax, and I have for years. The trick is to use a good hot wax that's the right temperature. Use a touch of baby powder on the skin, wax in the right direction, and follow up with a calming cream that contains hydrocortisone. 10 minutes every month to six weeks is really all it takes.
    Anonymous

• Anon 12:45 AM, that's just idiotic. We all have hair on our faces. We're mammals. Some women have thicker hair than others. Some have darker hair than others. Your comment is ignorant and unproductive.

To the OP: If you use Nair try it on a small spot first. A lot of women have bad reactions to it, and a rash there is probably worse than the hair. Good luck.
    Azure

Answer by Azure at 4:35 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• I have used "smooth away" for my legs but they give you a face one with the package..you can really just get it about any drug store for about $10.00!
    MamasAngelPie

Answer by MamasAngelPie at 8:07 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• i went to school with a girl that would shave hers..she actually had a beard! Its very sad..because by lunch time everyday you could see the hair growing back..she would shave hers off..i would not recommend shaving since this might happen to you...maybe the nair thing would work..
    Anonymous