More paranioa....I think.

Hey I was just wondering if seeing something stressing can affect your pregnancy?
I lost my mother a week ago... I found her.. and I think I went into shock. They rushed me to the hospital becuase they said I was flying into "false" labor.. somthing about "baby contrations" they said that the baby was just fine but I still think they're holding out on me...

Eversence then my belly has been super tight and I know that might be normal but for the last few days it feels like I need to push, my back hurts a bit and it feels like my undercarrige is opening... No water or blood has come out yet but my discharge has increased and it looks alittle darker... Im not sure if Im just paranoid or if something might be going on...
We have been having company over nonstop and I cant seem to get a moment alone with my SO...

any ideas?

Im 22 and 31 weeks preggers.

Nerdymama

Asked by Nerdymama at 10:52 PM on Nov. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes stress can cause preterm labor. My doctor literally flat out told me "you are about to have this baby" I was 23 weeks pregnant and of course I freaked! And THAT sent me into preterm labor. 2 days later I had him and he weighed 1 lb 6 oz. That was 2 years ago. Hes ok now but still, yes it can cause you to have complications. Just tell your company that you need time for yourself right now and you just need to rest mama. Take it easy. I'm sorry to hear that about your mom. Good luck to you!!! Take it easy!!!!!
    nakoal87

Answer by nakoal87 at 11:27 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• i'm terribly sorry about your mom. thats a terrible thing to go through at any time, much less being very pregnant. you can stress yourself into early labor, but you just need to try and relax if you can. be aware but not overanxious. take things moment by moment and if you feel too uncomfortable or you feel like something is wrong, talk to your doc. its ok to check with him. its good to be cautious, just try to remain as calm as you can. i'm sorry again for your loss.
    jewels912

Answer by jewels912 at 11:51 PM on Nov. 28, 2009