Is it safe to get the swine flu vaccine if you could have been recently exposed to it or are Ill?

My hubby travels doing petitioning & recently came down w/a horrible case of the flu. He was in the hospital thanksgiving w/violent vomiting episodes & nasty flu symptoms. The docs advised he stay away from me ( prego w/heart issues ) & our 14mo old son. He is masked but is staying w/family now. Docs claimed it was most likely the swine but IM not 100% certain myself. My son & I are vaccinated for reg seasonal flu but have appts on monday the 30th for the booster & swine vaccine but my son came down w/flu symptoms yesterday & went to ER & is taking anti-viral meds, he is sick but Im not sure what it is? I dont feel my best but I think it might be stress/exhaustion? Should I still go get the vaccine monday if I could be harboring the virus or came in contact? Or can I go as long as Im not showing symptoms? I will consult docs monday but Im just curious. Im suppose to start an anti-viral tomorrow but not certain whats best to do

whispers2005

Asked by whispers2005 at 11:16 PM on Nov. 28, 2009 in Health

• chances are that you were exposed to whatever your husband and son have and if you didn't get it than you probably won't get it.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 11:20 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2009/11/28/Shocking-Swine-Flu-Vaccine-Miscarriage-Stories.aspx
    Anonymous

• vit D is supposed to be affective against swine flu. go pick some up at the store u want vit d3
    Anonymous

• you cannot get any flu shot (seasonal or h1n1) if you are ill at all cold or otherwise.

Just because you have been exposed to a flu virus does not mean you will get it. I work in health care and I am exposed all the time I have yet to get either flu (thank God!)

teach your child to wash hands all the time. and you do the same. hand washing is the #1 thing that every one can do to stop the spread of germs. wash hands for 20 seconds with soap then rinse well under running water dry hands with a paper towel use that paper towel to shut off the water

justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 8:38 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• You can get it if you don't have a fever. If you're going to get the flu, you'll still get it, but if not then about 10 days later you'll be protected.

For the son, if he's still very ill and especially if he has a fever, I'd not get it for him yet. Since you don't know what he has, I would still get it for him later, though.

Vitamin D is not going to protect you from the swine flu any more than it protects you from any other virus.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Vaccines depress your immune system.
    Load up on the Vit D and C. Atleast 2000IUs of Vit D daily.
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 11:28 PM on Nov. 29, 2009