Pain in my left leg?

Ok, so I know they recommend that you sleep on your left side..however whenever I do I get this awful pain in my leg. ( the leg that your laying on top of) is it from the weight of my other leg or is the baby pushing on a nerve? It also hurt today while I was just sitting on the sofa..finally went away when I walked the mall.

I am 20 weeks..if that makes any difference..plan on asking the doctor on Monday but didn't know if anyone else has been down this road before....

mommytobrooke

Asked by mommytobrooke at 11:32 PM on Nov. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had pain in both of my legs at one point or another during my pregnancy, and my hips too. the only thing I figured it was was sciatica, you know where your sciatic nerve is irritated. dont feel bad about the sleeping thing, I was only comfortable propped up on a ton of pillows.
    just try to shift postions and relieve it when you can. if it gets too bad tell your doc. otherwise its just part of the fun, we've been there girl. ;)
    jewels912

Answer by jewels912 at 11:38 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• I always get pain in my left leg when im laying on either side.. I think its if I stay in one position too long cause once I move to my other side it goes away until i've been laying on that side too long haha
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 1:07 AM on Nov. 29, 2009