how can I get my son to stay in his own bed?

my son comes and sleeps with us in the middle of the night. he comes in and when I put him back in his own bed he comes back an hour later. i've tryed locking him out but he stands and crys and wake up his brother so what should i do?

Tigeress444

Asked by Tigeress444 at 11:37 PM on Nov. 28, 2009 in General Parenting

• i go through the same thing with my 4 yr old son and my 2 yr old son- the only thing i have found that works is a gate at my door but like u said they stand there and cry- sorry i cant help but i had to let u know that ur not on ur own!
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 11:54 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• duct tape
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:03 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• put a sleeping bag on the floor at the foot of your bed tell him THAT is where he can lay down to go to sleep.

after a week or so move it to just inside the door.

then after another week or so move it to just outside the door

then move it again down the hall and keep this up until he is in his own bed.

Never give in to him on sleeping in your bed with you. he has to sleep on the floor in a sleeping bag or he can sleep in his own bed if he doesn't like the floor idea those would be his only 2 choices be firm

justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 8:59 AM on Nov. 29, 2009