Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone know anything bout this?

My family like many others are going through a really rough time financially. I was wondering where you go to get assistants with utilites etc? How much do they usually help out? I am so nervous right now about money. Please don't bash me on here. My husband has started a delivery business and we will soon be okay again its just taking off slower than we thought and I am a stay at home mom. If I was to get a job right now I would have to quit pretty quick to be able to take care of our 11 month old son while my husband works which is why I haven't found a job and I have posted on craigslist multiple times to watch children and no luck yet. If you have any advice about assistants please let me know thanks.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 11:41 PM on Nov. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

Answers (7)
  • You should be able to find assistance with your electricity bill by looking on the back of the bill. I know that there is a # listed on ours. You should also be able to go to your county's website and find information that way. As for getting a job you could always look on either or both are free websites where parents list babysitting jobs, homework help, dog walking ect. Good luck!

    Answer by mommytobrooke at 11:50 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

  • I don't know for sure if it's a State or Federal program I think it's Federal, but in NY there is HEAP to help with electricity and heating bills. Call Social services and ask what help there is for utilities in your county.

    Answer by goaliemom93 at 11:51 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

  • LIHEAP(Low Income Heat&Energy Assistance Program), ur local Salvation army, red cross can help sometimes. I have had to have help with a deposit on power once. Its hard to get help but u can also try local churches or charity places. as well with christmas if u need help for presents dont be afraid to try toys for tots (look it up online) just dont be afraid to ask for help, many people need it!

    Answer by babygirl8302006 at 11:54 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

  • Look up your county's local assistance programs online (google your county & you should be able to find your county's website which should list the assistance programs & how to contact them). From there you will know exactly what is offered in your area. Good luck mama, I know things are tough right now but you'll get through it =)

    Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 12:34 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

  • Try your local DHS office apply for food stamps and medicaid and even familys first that will help lower the cost of spending on these items so you may have enough money to pay for your utilities if not sometimes local churches do utilitie assitance hope this helps(:

    Answer by Kelly_Motherof2 at 12:51 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

  • Try a church.

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:46 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

  • Both my SO and I work. He works during the day and I work overnight. Which means that I am here with my son during the day and my SO is here with him at night. There is no way we could afford it if I were to stay home. I'm willing to bet that if you really wanted to you could find work and you and your husband could have some sort of arrangement if you both were to work.

    Answer by Cappy1979 at 8:26 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.