Car seats

I have a 3 year old boy and he is FF but no matter how tight I make his straps he can get out I raised his chest plate and he still gets out I swear he is a little hudini I really dont like his seat anyway so I am going to get him a new one but does anyone have any advice on which ones I would like one that reclines a little because when he falls asleep his head falls
Also I have 4 1/2 month old twins who are still in their Evenflo embrace infant seats they are almost 18 lbs when do I need to change them?

Christiansmom06

Asked by Christiansmom06 at 11:43 PM on Nov. 28, 2009 in General Parenting

• For the infant seats.. your user manual (or you can find out online) says which height or weight they can use it until. Your 4 month olds are almost 18lbs?! My 11 month old is 18lbs! Holy crap!! Usually its like 22lbs or 26in or something like that. I just got the Graco MyRide 65. It was about $150, but worth it. It is a bit bulky, so I dont think you can fit them side by side 3 in a row.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 12:00 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• 16 lbs sorry they were over 12 lbs at their 2 month checkup and we go for their 4 month Dec 16 so I know they are close to 16 lbs
    Christiansmom06

Answer by Christiansmom06 at 12:25 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• for the oldest put velcro on the chest clip... kids hate the feeling of that on their fingers.. it will discourage him touching it. Also, STRESS to him how IMPORTANT his carseat is. My 5 year old knew at that age how important it is for her to be in her seat securely.For the babies you need to switch them to a convertible REAR FACING seat once they hit the limits of their infant seats. That is usually around 22 lbs. I recommend for having 3 carseats in a row the Sunshine Kids Radian seats. They have a very slim design so its easy to fit 3. Put the oldest in the middle, and the babies on each side of him. He is safest in the middle because he is the least protected by being forward faced. The babies have the advantage over everyone in the car simply by being rear faced. I recommend you check into extended rear facing as well. Joelsjourney.org is a great website with tons of facts
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 12:52 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• My 3 yr old has a learning disability and doesnt get the concept of how important his car seat is and when he was RF he screamed and grapped his legs so unfortuantley I had to to turn him around and my son is in the middle of the very back seat we have a van so he gets the seat all to himself
    Christiansmom06

Answer by Christiansmom06 at 1:27 AM on Nov. 29, 2009