Can sex cause a yeast infection?

I had sex w/ my boyfriend on sunday. On Tues I got a yeast infection. I'm just wondering if the sex could have caused it or if it was simply something else. I haven't wore tight clothes and I usually wear cotton undies. It was our first time having sex with his piercings in. I know they're steel but I kinda wonder if that may have caused it. I know I sound crazy but any info would help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Nov. 29, 2009 in Health

• It can cause a yeast infection or bladder infection. Thats why they say to pee like right after having sex to clean it out. Also if you've been on any antibiotics that could have caused it as well. good luck.
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 12:08 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Thanks but I haven't been on antibiotics and I did pee right afterwards. I learned that along time ago.
    tsa_momma

Answer by tsa_momma at 12:11 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• wow it must have just been something else.... hope it feels better those are miserable :(
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 12:14 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Guys can "carry" the fungus if they have sex with someone who has a yeast infection and not show any kind of symptoms, but pass it on (not saying he's messing around - but if you had one, had sex, and cleared it up, he could re-infect you).
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:49 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• My Gyno once mentioned that women can develop a yeast infection right before their mentrual cycle. If you have Bacterial Vaginosis, A.K.A "BV", that too can cause yeast infection like symptoms. Have your Gyno test for BV, if you have it, you will need antibiotics. Don't worry, BV is not sexually transmitted, my doctor said that it is caused by changes in our hormones. Ladies, feel free to correct me if i am wrong.
    alejandra559

Answer by alejandra559 at 3:46 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• The piercing might have caused you to become irritated down there. I once felt yeast infection like symptoms after I used a sex toy for the first time ever. I continued to feel irritated after the second and third try so i gave it up.
    alejandra559

Answer by alejandra559 at 3:49 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Thanks Ladies, it was just a yeast infection. I started just yesterday so that very well could have been why. Thanks again!.
    tsa_momma

Answer by tsa_momma at 3:03 AM on Dec. 1, 2009