Why would anyone be irritated about seeing Christmas decorations up early?

I mean when you see it right after Halloween you might think "dang! already?" but seriously, why does it actually anger some people? Whats it doing to you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Nov. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I LOVE Christmas. I love giving gifts, I love shopping Black Friday, I love advent calendars, visiting Santa, seeing the Lights Before Christmas at the Zoo, etc. However, for some reason, I HATE inflatable yard decorations. Those gigantic blow up snow globes and santas, yuck! They just bother me like crazy! Otherwise, I don't mind seeing early decorations.

toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 12:18 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• I like the Commercial Christmas holiday! However it can get anoying when ppl put their decorations up early and they dont match or its tacky looking. I mean not everyone can decorate, plus it just makes my kid extra anxious, and naggy.

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 12:31 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Because you skip a very important holiday, Thanksgiving! It really takes away from Thanksgiving!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• well for us Thanksgiving is actually before Halloween (yay canada lol). I think some people are just bitter and just complain about everything honestly.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:40 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Actually to me it adds to Thanksgiving. I had my main decorations indoors up by the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. It makes it a much more festive mood, and we do really enjoy Thanksgiving. We spend the day together, just relaxing, cooking, eating, and being thankful for what we have. And I just happen to be thankful for Christmas and the birth of Jesus. I don't think it detracts from Thanksgiving at all. I also don't care if people put up their decorations the day before christmas, or if they don't decorate at all. Decorations make a lot of people happy, so if they want to put them up, then what harm does it do you?
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:41 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• lol I know right I was thinking the same thing ...I dont think it is anyone's business when I put my decorstions up and should be no concern of theirs or make them irritated lol it makes no sense I could care less what other people do to their house
    Kelly_Motherof2

Answer by Kelly_Motherof2 at 12:44 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• It annoys me because it takes away from the actual holiday. When Christmas stuff is already in the store before September and people are decorating their houses around Halloween, by the time Christmas actually comes, it doesn't mean anything. Everyone is sick of it and the decorations aren't exciting and fun but look tired.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• We put our Christmas decorations up the weekend before Thanksgiving. This is my favorite time of year, I love the lights and the yard lit up.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 1:10 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• LOL Anno 12:40 some people are just whiny
    PsychMommie

Answer by PsychMommie at 2:05 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• It doesn't bother me at all, but I would get bored with seeing the same decorations for almost 2 months so that when we go out on our traditional Christmas light display ride in the car I'll tend to not even notice or be interested in the house I've already seen a thousand times.
    We just decorated yesterday, which is typical for us, and I'll be itching to take it all down by New Year's....lol. Hubby will probably be outside the weekend after Christmas taking down the outside lights and decorations because he gets sick of them sooner than I do.
    I think if someone wants to decorate then they should go for it. No skin off my nose. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 5:30 AM on Nov. 29, 2009