Are deers just suicidal or the grasses near the highway taste much better than the one near the woods?

It makes me nervous driving the highway at night....especially when I see those beady read eyes....they look like they are ready to jump in front of my car.

starbucks81

Asked by starbucks81 at 12:14 AM on Nov. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think they get high off the fumes and wander onto the road during their psyched out trip. WooOOOooo deer!
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:00 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• I have hit 3 deer in 6 years. I don't think they are suicidal, I think they are stupid. My DH and kids now joke that if there is a deer out there, I will hit it. Last year I drove 1200 miles to visit hubby when he was working in NY state and the last 1/4 mile before I got to where RV was parked a deer jumped over the guard rail right into my front bumper/fender. $4500 damage on my van. We just laugh it off now, nothing else we can do about it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• I think they are suicidal, and I'll tell you why: back in north Georgia, my Husband was driving up to work in my truck and saw three deer on the side of the road, a good distance ahead. Two of them ran across the road before Hubbie got close and the third decided to wait until the Hubs was right there to run. Dumb suicidal deer RAN INTO THE SIDE OF MY TRUCK! The jerk left a huge dent on the extended cab door.

Deer make me nervous, too. I hope I never hit one! But I will go hunting..haha.
    ajtherad

Answer by ajtherad at 12:35 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Dont knowthe answer to this one but you know what that sounds about what maybe on their mind, but I had to lol on this one.
    fraziersmom

Answer by fraziersmom at 1:36 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Deer have been facing a recent forestry downturn, similar to our economic recession. Not being able to have a large den and being unable to get their fawns the latest in Bambi fashion has pushed many to the brink. Record numbers of deer suicide are being recorded this year, and with the holidays approaching, the numbers keep climbing.
    Stay tuned in for further updates...
    mama4Christ361

Answer by mama4Christ361 at 2:39 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• LOL mama4!
    Actually this is the mating season "The Rut" and I was telling my son that they just act crazy. I don't see them much throughout the year but I've almost hit two in the last two weeks. The bucks are "blinded by love" all they can think about are does. And the does have new baby on the brain. - gotta find a man, a good man. LOL.
    tristansmom74

Answer by tristansmom74 at 3:39 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• I hate deer. They are everywhere here. I hit a baby deer and killed it. I am so scared of those things. I don't want to hit one and it go though my windshield. Deer kill more humans in the US than any other animal.
    Anonymous