does anyone????/

Does anyone know if nitrofur (antibiotic) for bladder infection or UTI harmful while pregnant?

Mrs.Presley

Asked by Mrs.Presley at 12:23 AM on Nov. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• oh call the nursses station at the hospital they should be able to properly answer a question like that
    babygirl8302006

Answer by babygirl8302006 at 12:31 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• I am currently pregnant and have a UTI and they tried to prescribe me Bactrum (anti biotic) and I looked it up and it is known for causing birth defects... so I did some research and found out that Amoxicillin will get rid of it just the same but does not cause birth defects but another thing there are different things you can take in every stage of pregnancy I am in my second trimester so I could take that but if you are in your first or third you can only take certain things!! I just googled your anti biotic and it is a form of bactrum I think and it does cause birth defects go with Amoxicillin and be safe!!! because not study is found it causes anything wrong but bactrum and others there are I would be safe then sorry hope this helps sweetie I am like you i freak out over these things lol
    Kelly_Motherof2

Answer by Kelly_Motherof2 at 12:40 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Your pharmacist should know!
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 12:43 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• I hope not!! I just finished a course of Nitrofur for a kidney infection and I feel much better, thankfully :)
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 10:12 PM on Nov. 29, 2009