How can I help my anger issues?

Sometimes I get so mad at my toddler I scream at him and then feel SO bad right away. And I used to get so mad at my ex it took all my strength not to hit him or throw stuff at him. Usually I would just end up shaking the shit out of him. I have never hurt my baby but I am afraid of what I might do if I don't get help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:30 AM on Nov. 29, 2009 in Health

• I have the same problem. I am 20 weeks pregnante and everything my SO or 3 yr old DD or 2 yr old DD does makes me so mad that I scream at them, I immideatly feel so bad. I feel so guily all the time like I cant handle them or something. I really wish I knew what to do. Sorry I cant be much of a help.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:34 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Seek counselling, if you are upset with your baby put him in his crib where he is safe and leave the room for a few minutes to calm done. Don't yell or scream at him. You need to get control of your anger. For both your sakes do this ASAP.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 12:53 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Anon 12:34, why on earth do you keep having babies if you are not mentally able to controll your temper? I would suggest stop having them and maybe you wont be so angry.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:55 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• It would help to go seek counsiling OP. There is no shame in it. Just you are asking for professionals to help you out. They are used to helping stressed out parents. You will feel better with a support network that therapy can give you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:18 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• I have this problem too, but only when Im PMSing, usual just lasts two before my period... I thought about seeking help, or getting somthing to calm down my hormones. Here is what I suggest: drink chamomile tea everyday at least three cups a day. Chamomile is suppose to be calming and it should help a little, try and spread your work out through the week, don't plan to do alot in one day. Set some time aside for your children to just sit with them and play. Your hormones are being pushed to the max right now and stressing yourself is only making it worse, only you can help yourself (unless you truly have a mental problem). Doing this calmed me down alot, and Just trying harder I was able to take control of my hormones. I still did lose it one day with my DS but I simply realized it was me and not him and packed him up and took him on a walk to the park so we could breathe and start over. Hope this helps, Its only a suggestion
    childofGod51509

Answer by childofGod51509 at 11:50 AM on Nov. 29, 2009