I am looking for a certain quiz.........

Does anybody know where I can take a quiz to see if my son is ready to potty train?

justluvinmyson

Asked by justluvinmyson at 12:44 AM on Nov. 29, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• no quiz, but here's my answer. i have a 2 year 4 month old boy.
    I introduced the potty to him in December of last year. So he was only 1.5 then.
    I let him go when he wanted. Now i let him run around with no diaper and he usually goes all day in the potty by himself! the only thing we're having a hard time with now is going potty in public.
    I say- don't offer any material rewards or they'll expect something every time. we only do the "woohoo potty dance" and clap and make a big deal out of it. especially when he goes #2!
    just don't make him rush and make it seem like he HAS to go in the potty. make it his idea!
    And my tip- if you have a boy, make sure you buy a potty that are just for boys other wise you'll be mopping up a lot. lol. lesson learned!
    john2007

Answer by john2007 at 1:07 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• I'm not sure if there is a quiz! yea i would like to know also>but does he take a sippy cup? I have heard that boys are alot harder to potty train. And that when they are ready u would see some signs.  They have to be dry all night. 2 cut them off anything to drink after 6. And  coach them to potty with treats after they have peed. I have found out that if u let him run around outside naked he will figure it out. (if its nice outside). I let my 2 year old do that and hes getting better with potty training.   I also let him run around the house with supervision of course .. I had his potty chair in a comfortable place for him  .Does dad help?If so it help him to watch dad. he doing better but it takes work and u have to be right there with him. I'm sure this is'nt what u asked I just thought i would give my input.

amy2boys484

Answer by amy2boys484 at 9:17 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• the first question on any quiz about potty training is going to be: is HE interested yet? Is he interested in wearing big boy underwear, interested in the potty at all....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• I don;t know about a quiz, but some of the biggest questions I asked myself were: Am I ready to work at it? Can he communicate to me that he needs to go? What kind of reward am I offering? Will I be able to devote myself to it until he has it? I just potty trained one last week. He was done with school for a week, and is obcessed with Chinese food so I did it.
    mom2LandL

Answer by mom2LandL at 10:40 AM on Nov. 29, 2009