WTH are they looking for?

Okay so on Halloween DH and I were outside handing out candy and we noticed this helecopter with a giant spotlight. We were like WHOA! haha we're from a pretty small town and we don't see stuff like that often. We guessed that it was just out to keep an eye on a crazy halloween night. Well it came back for like a week and we decided it wasnt halloween that made them come out haha... then they just stopped. Its back again tonight! I was in my backyard taking the animals out to potty and it went right over the house and it put its spotlight on me. Scared the crap out of me! Then it flew off. Well it came back like 3 times to shine me so I stood under the patio so they couldnt see me and they didnt come back after that but I can still hear them out there. WTH are they looking for or doing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:03 AM on Nov. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• They might be looking for drugs in the area. The state police often do fly bys to see if they can locate pot plants in our area. There were some found a few years ago doing this so now they do this every year. Next time, just moon them ;)
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 1:07 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Well when i lived in so. california (where i grew up) if the helicopters were out they were monitoring gang activity or something had happened and they were looking for someone. I live in a small town now so if I saw something like that here i would be a little worried but of course word would spread like wildfire about what was going on lol.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:10 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• I live in So. Cal and we get them every weekend and/or when they are chasing/searching. We call them Ghetto Birds, lol.
    ItsMeGigi69

Answer by ItsMeGigi69 at 1:50 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• We only see them in Central IL when someone escapes from prison haha.
    LadyJayne27

Answer by LadyJayne27 at 1:54 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• They must be looking for bad guys. I always stay in when they come by.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:59 PM on Nov. 29, 2009