I hear people say that the age of forty(40) is not a bad thing. I do sometimes wonder because I am alone and a single parent. I want to enjoy life, but I wish I had that soulmate thing. The question is Is there life at the age of forty or just it I am going to be alone?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:35 AM on Nov. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• Girl, this is when I started having the most fun! My kids moved out by the time I was 41 and I finally got my old life back! I was able to go get the job that I wanted, dated and stayed where I wanted, and eventually did get remarried once I stopped looking. Don't think of it as bad, the good times are just beginning for you AGAIN~~~ The days of the babies, buying for the children, etc... are now going to be YOU and YOU!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:38 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• my mom turned 51 this year and there is definately life after 40, she just remarried a year ago, and they are always doing fun things, going out on the lake with friends, concerts, races, weekend getaways. in one more year my dh will be 40 and I dont think of it as old at all I think at 40 your just really starting to get going, you have done all the crazy youthful mistakes and you can go out and have fun without the worry of how to handle things because you already know :)

Depending on the ages of your kids and if you have a sitter or not, try to get out with a group of girlfriends and have a night out for yourself, moms deserve to have a life too :)
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:42 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• I have possible years to come before I can think of me having fun that way. I try not to think about the age thing, but I am at a part in my life that I want to have that special someone to enjoy life with. I don't want to give up, but it looks that way for me. I am trying to think positive, but I just wonder sometimes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:45 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Dont give up, this is my moms 3rd marriage, the first time she was young 17 and my father left after i was 6 months old he decided he wanted something different. then she met my "dad" when i was 3 and they married when i was 4 and shared 24 amazing years together before he passed away. a little over 2 years ago i met the man who would become her 3rd husband and he is so sweet, a widower so he understand my moms loss (his wife died 2 months before my dad) last year they were married and its as if a light was turned back on inside her, just when you think you wont ever find it again, it happens.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:53 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• I love being in my 40's.  It has been the best decade so far.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:48 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• It is better to be alone than to be in a marriage with an @$$ & wish you were alone.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:14 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• My parents just got divorced and my mom is 50. She is always complaining about how she's old and wont be able to find someone. But when i look at her i see a beautiful young woman with her whole life ahead of her. I know that she will find a good man to spend the rest of her life with and so will you. Don't give up. I believe there is someone for every one out there. Just have fun at whatever you do. Good luck!!
    Anonymous