dizziness and spinning while nursing

i just woke up to nurse and all the sudden the room started spinning and i got very very dizzy

i unlatched her and got up and could barely walk and felt like throwing up

whats going on

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 5:20 AM on Nov. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• maybe preggers? google it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:43 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• no sex since baby, shes only 25 days
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 8:07 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• got n othing on google
    staciandababy

• it sounds like your blood sugar is low. Drink some orange juice, and eat a good meal. Keep something next to your bed, like some cookies or crackers, even beef jerky or granola bars if you would like. Breastfeeding takes a lot out of you, and you need to take care of yourself. God bless!
    purpleswiper

Answer by purpleswiper at 8:10 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• yes I agree on blood sugar, Breast feeding is a lot of work (for your body) you need to keep yourself hydrated and fed well (even if you don't feel hungry or thirsty)
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 9:01 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• I did this as well and it was a combination of a few things: low blood sugar, not enough water, and total lack of sleep. Make sure you're drinking plenty of water. A suggestion that worked wonders for me: keep your favorite flavor of peanut butter & cheese crackers next to the nursing chair & have a snack while your LO is nursing.

I also had mastitis quite a bit and it always started with dizziness.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:43 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• usually happens to me when I am dehydrated... and that can happen easily when bf. .... also happens to me when my blood pressure is low, or my blood surgar is low. Or you could be fighting off an infection... or it could be a combination of things mixed with not enough sleep and fluctuating hormones. But if it happens on a regular basis, call you doc.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 11:43 AM on Nov. 29, 2009