Big Bath

At what age did your child start taking baths in the bathtub instead of the infant ones that they start in?

newmommy102607

Asked by newmommy102607 at 11:35 PM on Jun. 24, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I didn't use the big tub until a year old. For one b/c it was cheaper to just fill the small tub w/ water and b/c for two I thought she'd be safer in the small tub.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 1:15 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• At about 5 months when she could sit up by herself
    JenG

Answer by JenG at 11:36 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• about a month old maybe. i got him one of those little cradle seats and put a inch of water or two and got in the tub with him and bathed him. it was so much easier than a baby bath!
    LauraLeeTo

Answer by LauraLeeTo at 11:41 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• When he could sit up by himself without slipping or falling. He is 14 months now, and he takes a bath by himself, but I never leave him in there alone, but I can just sit on the (closed) toilet and watch him now instead of hovering.
    sapient

Answer by sapient at 11:44 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• hmm Ash was around 3months old, he hated those baby baths,wouldn't stop squirming and screaming, so i just put about an inch of water in and let him splash like mad, he loved it!
    Jessimica

Answer by Jessimica at 11:56 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• Lydia was about 2 months old. I got her one of those bath seats that turn and stuff. She loves it. I usually just take her in the shower with me and the hubby. Makes things faster. He holds, I wash.
    Emmy_Dollface

Answer by Emmy_Dollface at 12:23 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• Our daughter went from the infant tubs to her dad's arms. He would hold her in the shower, wash her up,then hand her to me. It worked great for a while until she started getting touchy feely. Then we went to the big bathtub!
    Bevner

Answer by Bevner at 12:57 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• As soon as he could sit up, and he LOVED splashing!
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 8:29 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• As soon as she could sit up i started that.
    kinzleysmommy

Answer by kinzleysmommy at 9:06 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• My DD started it at 10 months as soon as she started crawling out of her inflatable tub
    kelcee_eric_bry

Answer by kelcee_eric_bry at 11:23 AM on Jun. 25, 2008