how many hours of sleep??

What time does your child go to bed and get up? My son is 6 and I swear I am gonig nuts. AT some point in his life he has got to sleep well, and let me sleep too!!
Thanks.

mommymeg03

Asked by mommymeg03 at 6:17 AM on Nov. 29, 2009 in General Parenting

• My kids go to bed around 7 at night and don't get up till 8 in the morning. Actually they wake up around 7 but know to play until their alarm goes off at 8. My kids are 3 and 10 months.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:54 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• My son is 18 months and on a good night he'll go to bed around 7:30 or 8:00 and will wake up once in the night - it's a good night if I can put him back to bed. Last night I was up until 4 am with him. It is really hard, and it is sort of scary that I barely know 1/3 of your pain!! I think I'm in for a long ride too!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:04 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• My kids are 4.5 and 2. They go to bed between 6:30-7 and wake up between 7:30-8:30.

Read the book Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child. Its awesome.
    IrishMommaC

Answer by IrishMommaC at 9:32 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• My kids are 13, 11, 3. The younger 2 go to bed between 8-9 (depending on how fast they get ready for bed and how many times they try to stall). the oldest goes to bed around 9:30. The oldest is usually up before 7am, the younger 2 are usually up by 7:30 (although if my middle had his way he'd sleep later).
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:35 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• My kids fall asleep between 8 and 9pm (despite 7 and 8pm bedtimes) and get up at 6:45am on school days and usually sleep in until 7:30 on weekends. They are 9, 8. 7 and 3. They are supposed to be getting 10-12 hours (12 for the youngest...she tends to get up at 6am no matter what day or what time she went to bed and then we have to force her to nap because she's cranky).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:44 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• My 17 year old son goes to bed at 10 and up at 5, 10 year old son goes to bed at 9 and up at 7, 5 year old daughter to bed at 6 or 7 and up between 4 and 5 and my 10 month old daughter goes to bed for the night around midnight and up at 10 am.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 11:17 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• My son is almost two. He goes to bed at seven pm and gets up between seven and eight am. He also takes a two hour nap every day. My newborn sleeps when she chooses to sleep but generally by midnight she's down for the count and wakes up at eight am, roughly.
    When my son turned one, we started slowly encouraging him to sleep on a schedule that suited us. It took about six months to accomplish but by a year and a half, he went to bed every night at the same time. You have to decide on a time that works for your family and then consistently enforce that bedtime. Also, a six year old is definitely old enough to understand you're still around and will be there when he gets up - *in the morning.* Once our son goes to bed, that's it. There's no parent interaction until morning, unless he has a bad dream which doesn't happen very often.
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 12:16 PM on Nov. 29, 2009