Food stamp ?

I live in NYS and when I call to check my card it says that a home energy thing will be posted and to keep checking. I didnt sign up for anything like this, although we could use it. I was wondering if anyone elses says this and if anyone has recieved the payment already? Also if you had to sign up for it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:00 AM on Nov. 29, 2009 in Money & Work

• I know here in NC I received food stamps for 4 months right after my ex and I separated. If you were on food stamps in October then you were automatically signed up for an energy payment, it came for us in February to help defray some of the winter heating expenses.
    Guessing maybe NY works the same way?

Answer by missanc at 8:02 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• yea, i stay in michigan and they paid my energy bill arrears for me without me even signing up or knowing about it...but i surely didnt complain!
    mzhazelrae313

Answer by mzhazelrae313 at 2:03 PM on Nov. 30, 2009