2 month old HATES the carseat, makes running even a quick errand tough.

My adorable 2 month old turns into a screaming monster whenever we put him in his carseat. I have removed his soft snuggly (seemed to be making him too hot), checked to make sure the harness is not too tight, played music for him, talked to him, made my 11 year old sit in back with him in an attempt to make him laugh...but nothing works. Not sure what to do, when my older son was a baby he loved the car. I dread running even short errands because I know what is going to happen when we get into the car.
Any advice on how to get past this is welcome. Thanks!

Maxsmommy0909

Asked by Maxsmommy0909 at 8:51 AM on Nov. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• sorry don't know what to tell you.

My son was the same way. (not to scare you) but at age 5 he was diagnosed with aspergers syndrome. (a form of autism, my son is high functioning) All of his little 'quirks" like hating the car seat, not wanting to be swaddled or hugged or cuddled, all of a sudden made sense. May not be related but I wished someone would have given me a heads up at the time even if it did turn out to be nothing at all.....doesn't hurt to be knowledgeable about things.

justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 9:03 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• My son was the same as an infant. He grew out of it. Sorry, I know that's not much help.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:22 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Rylan used to be like that sometimes but not all. What i did was i went out to babies r us and bought this little toy type thing and it straps on the the back of a head rest and you would put it on the head rest facing him so he can see it. Ever since Rylan has been alot better with car rides, While your looking for that toy look for something with a mirror on it that way maybe if he see's himself he'll be amused:)

Goodluck:)
    MommysRylanBug

Answer by MommysRylanBug at 9:23 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• My son is 2 months and does the same thing! Good Luck..let me know if you find something that works!
    Maya09

Answer by Maya09 at 1:35 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• My son was this way when he was around 2 months as well. All I can say is I feel your pain on not even wanting to run the errands that are located close by because of the constant screaming you will have to endure. The good news is...my little one outgrew this at about 4.5 months old. He does great in the car now! Sorry I can't be more help.
    JewelsE

Answer by JewelsE at 11:29 AM on Dec. 2, 2009