Does your husband slooowly get around to finishing projects around the house?

what do you do to get him to do it quickly (nice ways)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:12 AM on Nov. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• My husband doesn't do any projects around the house until I get the the point thta I'm crying over them (usually hormones). He works and is in school, both full time, and is usually only home to see the kids on Sundays, so I can't entirely fault him.
    IrishMommaC

Answer by IrishMommaC at 9:19 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• YES!!!! I prioritize and tell him that it HAS to be done. There are a lot of little projects around here that he just hasn't had time to finish up. Usually he can tell when things are very important to me for him to finish and he will do it. If that doesn't work I either A) tell him I will call so and so and HIM come and fix it OR B) I tell him that I will do it myself. This could be a good thing or a bad thing, I could fix it with no problems OR I could make it a WHOLE lot worse and he doesn't want that.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 12:27 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• I have "to-do" lists for both of us. I finish mine, he finishes his. He likes it that way because he likes to see that he's accomplished something that was bugging me, instead of a general "help out more!" sort of request. It's only a couple of things at a time because he has a busy schedule and our house is newly remodeled so there's really not much left to do. This week it was a request to change out the light in the garage.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:04 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Your husband is an adult and can choose how long to take on projects. My husband can be slow as molasses when doing things and the only time I try to rush him along is when it comes to our kids. Everything else I let him decide on his time. Sure, I would like things to get done on my time, but he's not me and I can't force him to be like me. I let him be the adult and let him decide what time frame is best for him. Seeing as I'm not his mother, I'm his wife.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:30 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• wow that was the most non answer
    Anonymous