Jehovah

What Bible verse says that Gods name is Jehovah?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:16 AM on Nov. 29, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• You can look it up online for your own Bible translation on this site (using the drop down menu and entering the key word Jehovah) bibleresources.org
    Here's where it is in the King James Version LINK

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Psalms 83:18 reads - That the people may know that you whose name is Jehovah. You alone are the Most High over all the earth.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:14 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Psalms 83:18, but sometimes still kept at Exodus 3:15; 6:3 too. Also Genesis 22:14; Exodus 17:15; Judges 6:24; Ezekiel 48:35 in other translations. But you can spot it should be wherever GOD or LORD (in caps) appears in most translations. Jehovah is the most popular way the 4 Hebrew letters (or tetragrammaton (sp?) translated JHVH) is pronounced in English. But some the transliteration YHWH instead and pronounce God's name as Yahweh. Jehovah is not deleted at all in the Old Testement in the American Standard Version.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• In original scripture it appears over 7000 times. Look for GOD or LORD and read Jehovah/Yahweh in it's place.
    "You must pray, then, this way: 'Our Father in the heavens, let your name be sanctified.'" - Matthew 6:9,10
    Jesus Christ praying to God: "I have made your name manifest." - John 17:6
    God speaking to his people: "I am Jehovah. That is my name; and to no one else shall I give my own glory." - Isaiah 42:8
    Jesus prayed to his Father: “I have made your name known to them and will make it known, in order that the love with which you loved me may be in them and I in union with them.” - John 17:26

CosyMama

Answer by CosyMama at 10:36 AM on Nov. 29, 2009