the Dr said im a medical anomaly? (and im not normal)

i have had a crazy past two weeks. i found out i was pregnant two weeks ago...i ended up in the ER two Thursdays ago with severe bleeding and cramping. was tod i had a hemorrhage in pregnancy. they said they didnt know if i was miscarrying or not. sent me home told me to follow up with an OB. it being Thursday i was not able to get in on friday. i ened up back in the hospital Sunday with major bleeding and severe cramp0s and severe dizziness. ( to the point of nearly passing out multiple times)..they confirmed i was having a misscarriage being my hcg level only went from 22 to 27 in four days...put me on an iv....gave me pain meds and put me on home rest for 5 days. I was doing better returned to work this friday (with no bleeding) after two hours i was in alot of pain again. i asked to go home. after hurting worse and worse i went to the urgent care. they sent me back to the er...and much to my surprise..to b cont....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:34 AM on Nov. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• ,,,(cont)...the dr said i did not lose the baby....in fact my level had double going form 27 to 57 in just a few days (like it was supposed to....i asked the dr what happened he said he doesnt know he has never seen anything like this and the i am a medical anomaly ( he told me this was not normal) i was crying and and laughed..i told him i have never been "normal" . i go to a hi8gh risk OB this week to see what id going on. what do you think could have happened? my mom and i can only think i was preg with two and missed one....i had an aunt do that and she carried the other twin to term. that twin is now 18 years old.
    sorry this is so long but it was a lot to explain..i am hopeful, scared , excited and intrigued all at once...what is you opinion? have you ever heard of this?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• I think what you mom said, may have happened that you miscarried one of fraternal twins. The high-risk OB will likely be able to tell you for sure, based on your recent medical history. I hope all goes well with the rest of your pregnancy. :)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:59 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• I second the twins theory. It's sad but relatively common for one twin to not be viable and your body gets rid of it while maintaining the healthy twin. The high risk OB should be able to confirm this for you. Good luck!
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 12:46 PM on Nov. 29, 2009