At what age were you allowed to date & what did that consist of?

I wasn't allowed to date until i was 16 and when i was 16 and we could go anywhere except my bedroom.

How about you all?

MommysRylanBug

Asked by MommysRylanBug at 9:58 AM on Nov. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I wasn't allowed to date until i was 16 and when i was 16 and we could go anywhere except my bedroom.

wasn't that like playing with fire?! lol :)

i wasn't allowed to date until i was 16, but as it turned out i didn't date anyone until college, and didn't have a sex-worthy boyfriend until i was 20!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:02 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• I started dating when I was 16. The guy was 19, according to my cousin, who introduced us. He lived next door to my aunt, so my family thought that was safe. Ha! The first time he came to dinner, my dad asked a question and the guy mentions that he's 21. HA HA. I didn't know it. We were together for about 2 1/2 years. Dating consisted mostly of hanging out at his house or mine, or going to movies, picnics and community events. I wouldn't sleep with him until I was 18 and he respected that. (although I do wonder why, sometimes!) We broke up because I was too ambitious for him. I started college pre-med, and he was a truck driver.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• I was not allowed to date or even talk to anyone on the phone til I graduated HS. So, I just snuck out and did it anyways...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:06 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• I wasn't allowed to go on unchaperoned dates until I was 16 (that was the plan anyways). So when I was 15, they allowed me to go out with my boyfriend (who was 17) but only with a chaperone (one of my parents or sisters) or go to his house if his parents were there. Of course his mom didn't care, so we would go to his room and have sex. I eventually got caught, and wasn't allowed to date again until I turned 17. When I was 17, I had a car, so if I wanted to go out, I went out. My first date after I turned 17 was with my now-husband.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 10:07 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• i wasnt given a rule, i started dating a guy at 14 and he was like the center of my universe.. we are married now and have twins ..but i wish my mom would have gave me more stanards so i could have learned to be my own person. i had to learn that after the fact and it was much harder
    ARRI23

Answer by ARRI23 at 10:08 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• I wasn't allowed to date until I was 16, and then I had no restrictions really.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 10:19 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• I was sixteen and we could go anywhere in the house but has to go out with my sister, we thought the was funny. It was the 70'S it did not bother me at all.

now as a mother, boys should not be allowed into the bedrooms. That is how my sister got pregnant.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:28 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• i had my first boyfriend when i was 12, we hung out with our friends, went to the mall, went ice skating, stuff like that. i had a cerfew. my mom dropped me off & picked me up lots of the time.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:38 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• I was allowed to start dating whenever I wanted to. Which was 15, just a couple months before I turned 16. We were allowed to go anywhere together except each others bedrooms. But bedrooms aren't the only place we could be alone so it's not like we didn't have sex because of that. we were lucky we never got pregnant in high school.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• I HAD BOY GIRL PARTIES WHEN I WAS LIKE 12. BOYS COULD GO IN THE ROOM DOR WAS NEVER SHUT. (WE WERE BEING GOOD ANYWAYS) I COULD ACTUALLY GO OUT AND DATE A GUYS WHEN I WAS 16. I OF COURSE SNUCK AND DID WHATEVER I WANTED. MY MOM WAS ALWAYS A STEP AHEAD AND KNEW WHAT I WAS DOING. BUT I WAS A PROUD VIRGIN AND SHE TRUSTED ME. SHE DID IT RIGHT. I SEE SO MANY PEOPLE FORCING THEIR KIDS TO NOT DATE TIL 18 AND THEY JUST GO CRAZY WHILE THEIR PARENTS DONT KNOW.
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 11:35 AM on Nov. 29, 2009