What do you think are the best and worst toys for a kids imagination?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:08 AM on Nov. 29, 2009 in General Parenting

• Depends on the kids. Crayons and paper are awsome for kids, they love to draw.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:09 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• I don't think this is the "best" but its pretty cool, that kids planetarium toy.

Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 10:23 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• It also depends on the kid---what interests them! But generally speaking when it comes to imagination, the simpler toys are better. Blocks, crayons and paper.....things like that. My kids used to play with crayons in creative ways too....my daughter imagined that they were a family and my son had them "battle" each other. The best idea is to watch your kids, and follow their lead on how they interact with various toys. Also, play with the toys with the kids but don't make a lot of rules about the game or the "right" way to play with the toys....let them enjoy the toys in their own way!
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 10:56 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• I think in different ways all toys are good for imagination. But if you MADE me choose...lol I would choose playdough for best and video games for worst.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 11:08 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Anything but video games!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:37 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• I despise "interactive" games. I think they lock kids into a certain group of ideas. On the other hand, a cardboard box, some play dough, and a handful of crayons will keep my son busy for hours.
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 12:40 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• The most basic toys I think are best for the imagination. What specific toy depends on the kids. My son learned so much from building toys... I would buy stock in Lego and K'nex, they are the BEST for kids to build with! My girls have had more fun with stuffies and animal and human figures. Plus arts and crafts, things like that. I love those kinds of toys.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 2:11 PM on Nov. 29, 2009