When can babies eat pudding?

I know they aren't suppose to have milk until 12 months, but I've read that yogurt is okay after 6 months.

sallyjrw

Asked by sallyjrw at 11:09 AM on Nov. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'd wait on pudding until at least 11-12 mos, esp since it has a lot of unnecessary sugar. Yogurt is different, in the way it is processed, so it doesn't have the same effect on the stomach as milk does.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 11:15 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• YA YOGURT IS WAY MORE NUTRITIONAL. YOU COULD START PUDDING ONCE BABY IS EATING SOLIDS. BUT I HIGHLY RECCOMEND YOGURT OVER PUDDING. GERBER HAS BABY PUDDINGS. LIKE VANILLA CUSTARD, APPLE VANILLA CINNAMON, AND BANANA PUDDING DESSERT. THEY HAVE LESS SUGAR THAN REGULAR PUDDING. THEY ALSO HAVE YOGURT DRINKS WHICH MY SON LOVES. WHEN YOU 1ST INTRODUCE THE YOGURTS AND SUCH WATCH FOR STOMACH ACHE AND GAS.
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 11:46 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• No dairy until first birthday. No chocolate until second birthday. You can make avocado pudding.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:04 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• I gave vanillia and banana to my daughter when she was 10 months..she's just fine.
    MamasAngelPie

Answer by MamasAngelPie at 2:46 PM on Nov. 29, 2009