Is your lo talking yet??

Ok my dd is 14 months old and been talking for 2 months she says hi, bye, whats that, who's that, bottle, mom ,dad ,sadie yes and no.I want to know iwhat everyone elses children can say or did say at this age.please.

hedtrippe

Asked by hedtrippe at 11:13 AM on Nov. 29, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Mine still babbles. He's 18mos. He can sign 50 words though and create a sentence with them. We're waiting til the 2yr mark to really worry. That's my neices and nephews really started talking.
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 11:29 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• my almost 18 month old will say words clear as day but never say them again, like i was talking about ( i had the flu) to hubby and said i had bubbles in my stomcah and she said bubbles,but only once, when she says bye bye she sqeels it,and most words she tries to say only me and her dad can understand.she talks non stop just doesnt say much real words
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 11:34 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• It has been a while (my daughter is 14). She said her first word (Hi!) at 7 months, and was speaking in complete sentences at 18 months.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:02 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• My son is 13 months. He can say "Bye-Bye", "Hi", "Hello", "Mamma", "Mom", "Dadda", "Dad", and "Nanna". He says variations of some words.. "Ampa" or "Bapa" for Grandpa and "Bana" for Hannah (His sister). If he doesn't know how to say the word he will repeat the way you say it with just sound. Like if I say "There You Are" he will repeat the tone and pitches I use to say the word with just sound. He hums out the songs I've sung him since he was a baby, but doesn't know how to say the words yet.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:24 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• My oldest had a major language explosion at 14 months and was conversational at 18 months.
    My second wasn't talking (started at 15 months)
    My third wasn't talking (started at 23 months after a month of speech therapy)
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 12:35 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Sounds like you LO is right on track...
    My son is 16 months now he can say.... Hi, buh bye, uh oh, what this, no, kitty, tickle, socks, shoes, cracker, juice, mama, dadda, Daws (his name is Dawson), up, all done, ow, yum, oooh pretty, hot, more... there are a few more he says but I can't think of them... last I counted he had about 25 words and he also does a few things in sign language
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 3:56 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• DD is 18 months, she said her first word at 7 months, "mama". She says "mommy" "abby" "Nana" "Oah"(noah -- Uncle) "ada"(Adam -- uncle) " Whats that" "banana" "tree" "eat" "turtle" "baby" "nuk" "night, night" "bye" "book" "read" and so many more words, and signs most of what she says. She also sings wheels on the bus and itsy bitsy spider. some of old mcdonald had a farm.
    Anonymous

• my son is 16 months and he mainly likes to babbly but says regularly: Hi, up, momma/mommy/mom. he has said but doesn't say much: bye (and tonight he actually said Na Na- which i took him as trying to say night night :)
    8firsttimemom8

Answer by 8firsttimemom8 at 8:35 PM on Nov. 29, 2009